Trim panels for a wall

46panel
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Michigan
So I have my box in and now I want to make the trim panels so seal it off completely. I planned on using cardboard to get the template to transfer to the wood. Just looking for ideas on how you actually install the panels and make it secure to the box and the interior of the vehicle.

i installed my panels to the box and braced each joint w/ 1"x1" stock (to connect the seams). then i used the same stock to make diagonal braces between the box and the outer edge of the panel. the bracing was easy, its getting the curves right thats a bit hard. my build log will be up soon, but because of a family emergency im away from the car for a while.

oh, and i can lean backwards against my dash and mule-kick the panels without them going anywhere, BTW. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Alright that sounds good, now what about the tiny gap that will be between the panel and the interior of the vehicle(ceiling, and sides) I mean I guess if the pieces of wood are cut perfect there wouldnt be much of a gap but if there is like a 1/4 of an inch or something really small should I just use some type of foam or what??

you can use weatherstripping tape on the edges of the wood to make a tigher seal.

I used 1/8" x 1" flat aluminum to bend up brackets and attached the panels from the back side to the box. If you can't access that area then you can attach them from the front and paint to match the carpet.

Cool thanks...got to take the box out tomorrow to add some more bracing and then hopefully can work on the panels and seal it off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.