Not open for further replies.

tyroneshoes
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJ
Item(s) for Sale:

Treo SSI 10" dvc2 subwoofer

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Lightly used almost like new. I purchased it because it was shallow enough for my stealthbox (5.1" deep) but the magnet is too huge to fit unfortunately. Tested and works perfect.

These work in sealed or ported and can take pretty much all the power you give it.

PDF and parameters here

http://www.treoonline.com/infosheets/ssi_subwoofers.pdf

Price:

175 shipped in US

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

imag0373y.jpg

imag0374h.jpg

imag0381j.jpg

imag0383c.jpg

imag0384u.jpg

Cleaned it up a bit and did a little more tuning

imag0392wr.jpg

Seems like this sub is heavy around the 50-30hz area and dominates there but does not blend as well as the idq and is not nearly as quick with the transients or as accurate. I think I may need more power because I have to almost clip my amp, or lightly clip my amp to get the output I want. But if you put on some rap like young jeezy, its loud as hell with no clipping. I need a few more days, it still may be for sale if I cant get it to work right with my setup. Still a great sub, just having issues with the upper bass frequencies and I believe 500 watts is likely limiting it.

I would keep it if I were you. When I sold my 12 4 years ago I have wanted one ever since. Finally got a 15 a couple weeks ago and cant wait to get it in. I would really like to find some in the 8 variety.

I dont have the power for this sub to run optimally. But with rap, this thing is a monster. To get a nice transient attack for rock, Im thinking somewhere at least 800 watt to 1000. So back for sale. This sub does have amazing potential but Im not changing amps.

165 shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
Invert it and switch the polarity at the amp (switch pos and neg). You are selling a gem and it'll surprise you how awesome these are. I have one in a home theater set up in a 4.5 cube box tuned to 28hz and near 500w and it freaking WANGS!

Sealed, in a enclosure under spec, this thing needs 2x the power I have. I gave it a good go and yes it was loud for hiphop, but to get fast transients, I need more power. Everyoner who has this sub ran them vented where they dont as require as much power and play more efficiently. Id like to keep , but it just doesnt work for my set up. Plus, I dont want to invert my sub, I like the stealth approach.

Crap. I forgot to reverse polarity when invert mounting. Thats could be why my upper bass and transient attack was limited. Sale once again on hold.

This would be perfect to put in the back of my fusion, just starting to get back into audio and I only want to go with a single 10" this time. Lemme know if you still have it I may just get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...