Not open for further replies.

tyroneshoes
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJ
Item(s) for Sale:

Treo SSI 10" dvc2 subwoofer

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Lightly used almost like new. I purchased it because it was shallow enough for my stealthbox (5.1" deep) but the magnet is too huge to fit unfortunately. Tested and works perfect.

These work in sealed or ported and can take pretty much all the power you give it.

PDF and parameters here

http://www.treoonline.com/infosheets/ssi_subwoofers.pdf

Price:

175 shipped in US

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

imag0373y.jpg

imag0374h.jpg

imag0381j.jpg

imag0383c.jpg

imag0384u.jpg

If your not a huge bass head, 500w will be fine and you absoulutely will give that sub no problems on 500w...these subs like smaller sized boxes as well...my 15 was only in 2.5cu net

Its going in here

goodr.jpg

roughly .62 cuft. They recommend .8cuft but with polyfill, cabin gain and eq, I may be able to make it work.

if you're going to use an EQ then don't boost frequencies, just cut them down. any boosting will cause it to clip.

I would re-adjust the gain after setting eq with a rta. Im just worried that Id be choking the low end and thus need more power than I currently posses. I'm tryin to keep this system as simple as possible. Deck, dc1000.4, Zapco/ESB Comps and a single 10"

I was very content with an ICON 12" with 600 watts and Im assuming this would be a similar situation.

with that space, i dont think you have the optimal power, but its worth a try
Me neither. And Id rather not put too much strain on the stealthbox which was designed for a lightweight 10w1v2 about a quarter of the weight of this sub. Last thing I want to do is strip all the screw holes and refiberlass the mounting area from behind. I hate working with fiberglass. I guess if Im ok with inverted mounting, my choices are pretty endless, but Id rather not. Just may be my only option at this point.

Id like a shop to glass a 1" spacer on to this but no shops in my area glass anymore. They just push jl. I'm thinking a tc epic is perfect for this, just need .75" more clearance or invert it.

Thanks for all the feedback as Im not familiar with this sub at all.

Still for sale. Send offers my way but please realize I am just barely breaking even.

Im thinkin the same. Just want to cover it up with a grill but I guess inverting it protects it just as well and gives it much more breathing room. Id be doing it now if it wasn't 100 degrees. I should try it before selling.

monster motors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif My brother had a pair of ssi motors. they fit an 8 layer lul. i was pretty mad when he sold them, i wont lie though, i really just wanted them because of teh shiny

You guys werent joking. After invert mounting it, adding lots of polyfill and resetting eq and gain, this thing moves air and is right about where the enclosure size should be. The sale is on hold for a few days while I make sure I plan to keep it. Seems to work fine with 500 watts and it has plenty excursion.

imag0386.jpg

Just not a fan of the additional noise you get from invert mounting a sub and aesthetically, Id rather not. 3 days will tell me.

Air from the pole vent. Can sound like port chuffing if youre close enough. Hardly audible from the front seat however and also depends on the sub (idmax isnt pole vented for example)

You guys werent joking. After invert mounting it, adding lots of polyfill and resetting eq and gain, this thing moves air and is right about where the enclosure size should be. The sale is on hold for a few days while I make sure I plan to keep it. Seems to work fine with 500 watts and it has plenty excursion.
imag0386.jpg
not stealthy but sekzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...