Traid my CDA-7875 for a CDA-9881

Participant count
  • Participant list

tonka
10+ year member

I might have the chance here soon to traid my Alpine CDA-7875 for a newer CDA-9881 h/u. Should I do it? I want to be able to play MP3 CDs and CD-RW CDs but I'm not shure if I want to go from 4volt sub preout to a 2volt sub pre out. my 7875 is also 65watts x4 right off the h/u IDK what the 9881 is though. Both h/u are in great shape and work flawlessly. My new RUE-4187 remote works on the 9881 as well. So, should I do it?

I might have the chance here soon to traid my Alpine CDA-7875 for a newer CDA-9881 h/u. Should I do it? I want to be able to play MP3 CDs and CD-RW CDs but I'm not shure if I want to go from 4volt sub preout to a 2volt sub pre out. my 7875 is also 65watts x4 right off the h/u IDK what the 9881 is though. Both h/u are in great shape and work flawlessly. My new RUE-4187 remote works on the 9881 as well. So, should I do it?
Dunno man but going from 4v to 2v isn't really that serious. You'll just need to reset your gain but other than that you're fine.

I cant seem to find what the peak wattage is on this is right off the h/u but I did find that it putts out 16watts RMS x 4. Volume is very important here as I listen to my stereo really loud all the time and I like the thought of being able to get better speakers and amps and make it louder. Do you think it would beat least as loud and still sound as good as my 7875 which is 60watts x 4 peak (IDK the RMS)? and if it is of any significance, the 7875 has the V-drive set up in it.

I'm starting to think no on the traid. It dosent look like you can really tune the sound on the 9881 as much as you can on the 7875.

And a correction, the new one is a CDE-9881, not shure what the difference is.

Edit: I just found a 9881 on ebay and the seller states that its 45 watts peak. deff a no go

Another reason not to get it. I could buy the 9881 h/u off ebay for $125 + shipping, but to get just a faceplate for my 7875 in as good of condition as mine, would cost you around $80.

I cant seem to find what the peak wattage is on this is right off the h/u but I did find that it putts out 16watts RMS x 4. Volume is very important here as I listen to my stereo really loud all the time and I like the thought of being able to get better speakers and amps and make it louder. Do you think it would beat least as loud and still sound as good as my 7875 which is 60watts x 4 peak (IDK the RMS)? and if it is of any significance, the 7875 has the V-drive set up in it.I'm starting to think no on the traid. It dosent look like you can really tune the sound on the 9881 as much as you can on the 7875.

And a correction, the new one is a CDE-9881, not shure what the difference is.

Edit: I just found a 9881 on ebay and the seller states that its 45 watts peak. deff a no go

Another reason not to get it. I could buy the 9881 h/u off ebay for $125 + shipping, but to get just a faceplate for my 7875 in as good of condition as mine, would cost you around $80.
It sounds like you've made your mind up and that's good. I would like to state though, that NO HEADUNIT is going to do even 20wrms x 4. It's just not going to happen. They are way overrated to sell uninformed people on them.

It sounds like you've made your mind up and that's good. I would like to state though, that NO HEADUNIT is going to do even 20wrms x 4. It's just not going to happen. They are way overrated to sell uninformed people on them.
Yeah, I had herd that the 7875 was a little over rated, but I also herd that the destortion at louder volumes for the 7875 was less than that of the competition at the time, and was also louder than a good portion of the competition as well. That was a review I read a while back done on like a bench top test or something like that? I forget what its called but it was the equivilent to a dyno for a car. That was a back in 2001 when the 7875 was cool new tech.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.