Totally baffled by subs humming

RADEoN
10+ year member

jejejejejejejejejejejeje
well this has been going on for a year now, whenever I am at low RPM, my subs make a very audible buzzing sound, and at higher RPM it's almost gone.

Whenever I disconnect the RCA's from the headunit and plug another media source in, there is no humming.

There is no humming in my frontstage amplifier.

Whenever I disconnect both my ground and my antenna, it won't work, but if I plug in my ground, it still won't work. It only works when I am grounding it with the antenna.

I've tried grounding the headunit to a separate location all together, and it won't even turn on, it just kinda clicks and tries to turn on, as if there were no ground connected to it at all, and why it does that I'm baffled, as it should do nothing without a ground.

Whenever I perform any action, like turn signal or hazard lights, it is audible through the subs, and whenever my lights dim after my car is off, it is a loud hum that gets lower with the lights.

I'm totally clueless.

Well. It sounds like the issue is entirely in your HU, since you proved your RCA's and other components on the other side of it to be working with your ipod or whatever.

Not to dis radio shack, but I would not recommend using a ground loop isolator. That's like putting a bandaid on something, it just covers up your real problem.

Let us know what kind of HU you have.

I am sure someone else on here has had to deal with a ground loop on it if thats a common issue with the HU.

some HU's need the ant connected to make a proper ground. Not sure why, but I've run into it a few times...

maybe try grounding directly to the batt or try the ground loop isolator.

some HU's need the ant connected to make a proper ground. Not sure why, but I've run into it a few times...
maybe try grounding directly to the batt or try the ground loop isolator.
I tried grounding my RCA's and I've had a ground loop isolator, still no luck.

Thanks for the input.

The headunit is a JVC KD-AVX1

let me know what you do to fix it couse i have the same thing but comes and goes so id say bad ground but im to lazy to fix it
me too, i've tried new grounds for my headunit and grounding the antenna right to the car, I have no **** clue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.