Torres Vs Re Calc...Port Length Confusion?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
Im about to start throwing shi* at this point...basically Im trying to make a box for my American Bass XR-15

I want 4.2 cubes +/-

30-32 hz

Torres and Re are both giving back contradicting answers.. my two questions are as follows,

Re Box is somehow arriving at the answer that a SQUARE L Port with the exact length of sides of 16 inches which I would think would make 32 inches of total port...16x2=32 pretty simple math right? but RE is saying that with both port walls of 16x16 somehow equals 38.37 ? How do they get that from two 16 inch pieces?

Which then follows up to my second question Torres asks for port length do I give them my answer of 32 like in the picture linked below or do I input RE's calculated port length ? Because if I do one or other it changes net space and tuning dramatically...

TL;DR Im linking a screen cap of the same measurements of a box I made up on two different box calculators and im getting different results? Also Do I use 32in as total port length to input in torres Calc or Re's Calc math of 38 inches for total port length

SCREENCAP LINK http://imgur.com/a/5YmyJ

Any advice appreciated!

Lots of people have said the RE calculator is bogus.

It's free, easy to use, and looks nice, but it is not acoustically accurate.

Torres is the more reliable tool.

Lots of people have said the RE calculator is bogus.
It's free, easy to use, and looks nice, but it is not acoustically accurate.

Torres is the more reliable tool.
Ok So Should I use 32 or 38 for "total port length in Torres if my L port will be 16x16?

Iirc RE tunes the box higher than it says. Like if it says 35, it is actually like 37 or 38.

Still, its a good tool to visualize the box, but more reliable equations should be used

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.