Participant count
  • Participant list

kroid777
10+ year member

Official "Trades?" Asker
Specs here:

Crutchfield

Polk Website

Ok so here's the deal.Im giving you the whoooole 9 yards so..If u dont mind losing 5 minutes of your life read on.

The DX series was top of the line a few years ago.The set ran for around $350 new...

My friend(a guy on the thirdgen forums) whos going hardcore into the whole drag racing scene has a set in his car...he is tryin to lose as much weight as possible...he doesnt care about car audio...so I get them for a **** good price.

He packs them up nicely in a box...I open the box and notice a silicone drop on one of the speakers...theres a hole on the edge of the basket...

I call him to give him a piece of my mind...he doesnt pick up...I figured wth...lets test this mofo's...

THEY SCREAM! the highs are soft and warm and the mids pound!!

Im assuming he drilled the whole trying to fit them in a smaller location..idk....THE SURROUND SEEMS FINE..however..theres some silicone on top of the surround too, and im afraid that if I pull the silicone I will tear the surround.

Im asking $85 shipped OBO

if they dont sell Im just gonna keep them..they sounded nicer than what I expected..

If anybody requests it I can make a video of the mids playing so that u can see they both still pound

PICS:

Silicone Drop:

IMG_0117.jpg

You cant really see it but this hole is covered with silicone on the other side:

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Programmable Crossovers:

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Silk Tweeters:

IMG_0122.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They must sound real good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah I was impressed...(I mean dont get me wrong I still love the memphis but they have a different sound)...I like the tweeters a lot..they are loud without being harsh..I have em in the kick panels and it feels like I have em in the pillars...

I might still sell them but for now im pretty happy with em lol

Ok IM giving the memphis a try...so these are back up for sale

$60 shipped

I dunno if you can tell how good they sound from a youtube video, but heres one where this set is playing:

(select 480p for slightly better quality)

BTW..this is Old School Polk....before they became property of Directed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.