Top 2

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 3K
U

Unregistered

I've been browsing through various fourms and I have come to the decision that JL and Kicker are pretty much the best subs? AmI right, I'm sure that other brands could beat them but they own majority of the "goodness" market?

it's all really personal opinion, how do they sound to you? unless they are 50.00 then they will obviously ****.

But yes JL and Kicker are good, but many other companies can beat them hands down, for sq, Focal beats anything, For SPL Digital designs will decimate all. Alpine makes a **** good sub. But like i said, it's personal opinion.

oops i accidendly made a new thread, but here what I wanted to say..

Ok, Im just startin my system and I don't wanna be like my friends who get a 1000 watt pyramid amp and 2 bestbuy bolt subs that were on sal for 30.00 each. That stuff is gonna sound like crap. I want to research good subs/amps. Is there a model of a JLL and Kicker that you would reccomend to get? I would just look at a mid range $ system, beings how I am just starting.. Thx

If your goal is to get good sound and get a good price but still have quality equipment, kicker makes a few different levels of subs. Of course people will recommend the square kickers, but the require a large amount of power which makes for an even bigger amp investment. Soooo what I recommend is the kicker competition, or to save a little more and get a more efficient sub, thus saving on an amp as well, the kicker Impulse series do very well. The store I used to work at sold them and they made several quality sound budget seekers very happy

Okay. First of all. What are you looking for. Pure SQ or Pure SPL or a little of each. Number Two. Do you only want JL Audio or Kicker? Sure they two very respectable brands and I personally love Kicker, but I also know that there are other brands out there that are superior, but at a higher price. Take, for example, MMAT, Digital Designs, Focal, Infinity, MBQuart, Audiobahn, as well as many more. Some are easier to find than others, some will deliver more SPL, and some will deliver more SQ. It is all personal opinion. And personally I take Kicker over all of them because of price, reliability, and their will and success in making high quality, high output, and durable subwoofers.

One thing not usually noted about kicker is their cone design. The Kicker Comp VRs and Kicker Comps are actually made out of a type of rubber. Now say one of your friends accidentally hits your subwoofer. Do you want him to be hitting a rubber cone or to be hitting the cones that are made out of a type of paper (usually used for higher SPL). I'm guessing you want him to hit the rubber cone because it will not even be phased. The paper cone... Well... You'll be returning that pretty soon. Anyway if you are looking for a subwoofer and you are really set on either JL Audio or Kicker, I personally would take the Kicker over JL Audio. You can see why about 20 posts down from this one. Look at all three of my posts.

And if you want me to give you a better idea of a good model to buy then please tell me what kind of budget you are on. I would go with the Kicker L7s because those should be arriving in a few weeks for me. Kicker L5s and L7s are unique in the way that they have a square shape as you might already know. This features gives it more cone area and is approximately the next step up so far a cone area. For example, the Kicker 10" L7 will have about as much cone area as normal round 12" speakers. I'm going to be getting the 15" L7 which is the equivalent of an 18" speaker. And more cone area means you move more air, which means you make more bass. Also when you are looking at subwoofers, their RMS wattage is much more important than their Peak wattage. But, tell me what your budget is and after doing a little research, tell me if you still think that Kicker is one of the companies that is right for you. Good luck.

umm ya kinda lost me, as I said I am new, What is SQL and SQ? Also I have had some expeince with crap subs, Are you sure square subs could handle a little abuse?Im just not sure If it trust them. I have a mid range budget so i'm thinkin like $125-$150.

Hey I just daw on http://www.sounddomain.com if you buy a MTX sub get the second free. From what i've heard MTX are good just underrated right? Do they compare to Kickers? If there right up there with kickers, I would think about gettin one. What wouold be a good model for about 100 bucks? Thx guys

SQL is very good sound quality at high volume levels. The 1202 sub is in the same class as the jl w7, but costs 119+shipping, factory direct.

To start off, I would either buy two MTX 6000s or 8000s. They are great subs. I personally like JLs better than Kickers but that is just my opinion.

to stay in the budget you posted above, the kicker impulse sounds like your speaker. They are not paper but polypropylene, very strong. Like I said in my first post People would recommend you get the kicker square speakers which sound great, but are worth their weight in gold (expensive). get the Kicker Impulse and maybe an Impulse amp for good match and quality as well as budget. I am sure you will be pretty happy. If you have any more questions I am sure I have the knowledge to answer just about all of your questions so feel free. My answers are not based on what I believe is best for me, but for the consumer.......so here is to finding a system to meet your needs and here is my assistance whenever necessary

I got something that will pound! Adire Brahma 12" sub. check the specs:

Diameter 12"

RMS Watts 1600

Peak Watts 5000

Fs 28hz

Qms 5.05

Vas 37.2L

Mms 224g

Xmax 27.32mm one way

Qes 0.497 Re 1.3ohm per coil

Z Bl 15.25 NA

Pe Qts 0.45

Spl 84db (93.1 both coils paral)

This is the world largest linear displacement 12" sub. And it sound great.

In your price range, I would suggest a pair of Kicker Comps and a Kicker Amp. Depending on wether you want 10" or 12", they handle 125-150 watts rms. for an amp, I would get a KX150.2. The amps put out a lot more power than they seem to think. My friend has got and IX702 amp(70 watts x 2) pushing two 10" solobaric L7's. Granted its a little underpowered for two, but it still pushes them **** good. anyways, I would go with kicker

it would be worth it to spend a lil more money and get the kicker vr's if you want kickers. I also think jl are much better soundin subs than kicker but quit expensive for a good one. Mtx are good subs as long as you goo with the 6000 to 8000 like a person above had said. They last and sound good. The mtx 6000 is more in you price range and a good cheaper amp to look at would be like lanzar or if you can find a deal on mtx or kicker or even rockford but we are gettin outta your price range.

Just remember like i have heard many times you get what you pay for. Put more money into your amp and you will get more outta it. Same with subs and maybe that means waitin to buy your stuff in like a week but you would probly be happier with it then.

later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.