• Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
A

adam182002

hello all,

A few questions:

1. What is a Voice Coil in A Sub?

2. What is the advantage to Freeair, or how does it compare to a sub in a sealed box.

3. is the Kicker Comp 01C84 a good sub?

thanks

adam

hey man,

you are obviously new in the big bad world of bass, so im gonna give you some tips. Well, i dont want to answer your questions cause im not too sure of my responses for them.

the kicker comps are good subs. but one thing you have to do is decide what amp your gonna use before you buy subs of 4 or 8 ohm impedences. that is my problem right now beacause i bought the 4 ohm comps and i have to use separate channels on my amp instead of the bridged mode (more power) cause in parralell they equal 2 ohms, and then bridged once more is 1 ohm and my amp cant handle that with out starting a fire. someone back me up on this, and please correct me if im wrong!

good luck

dan!

Im not even going to try to explain the voice coil, I dont think I could if I tried. The advantage to a feeair sub is that you do not need an enclosure. they are designed so that they sound good without one. a regular sub in a good box will sound better usually. and yes, Kicker Comps are a good sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.