To upgrade or not to upgrade!?

I know someone with an SA 10 on the same power in a full size Chevy van and most people think it's a couple of 12s. Are you sure your wired up correctly and not at 4 ohm? I would definitely build my own box and getting the box and sub location right is crucial in a large van.

I know someone with an SA 10 on the same power in a full size Chevy van and most people think it's a couple of 12s. Are you sure your wired up correctly and not at 4 ohm? I would definitely build my own box and getting the box and sub location right is crucial in a large van.
Yeah I double checked the wiring is good red to red and black to black its a dvc 4 ohm wired down to 2 ohms for the kicker amp. I put my e10 in the custom enclosure to see how it sounded and it was like night and day. I more than likely will have a 1.5 cubic foot enclosure built for the sa10. Where should I put the sub in the van for optimal performance?or should I just play around with different spots and firing up or towards back and see what sounds best?

Your lights are dimming because your electrical is suffering. Your def gonna want to upgrade it. New battery, charging wires, and possibly HO alt.
I contacted mechman and they said that they can't fabricate a high output alternator for my year make and model of car due to new more complicated systems they have been using with new model cars... So what should my next step be a new battery? do you think it could be a bad ground on amp?

Yeah I double checked the wiring is good red to red and black to black its a dvc 4 ohm wired down to 2 ohms for the kicker amp. I put my e10 in the custom enclosure to see how it sounded and it was like night and day. I more than likely will have a 1.5 cubic foot enclosure built for the sa10. Where should I put the sub in the van for optimal performance?or should I just play around with different spots and firing up or towards back and see what sounds best?
He had his all the way to the rear on the driver's side, sub up, port facing passenger side. I would definitely try more than one spot though.

He had his all the way to the rear on the driver's side, sub up, port facing passenger side. I would definitely try more than one spot though.
Yeah mine sounds all the way in back right corner. With port facing driver side firing up. If I face port to back my van rattles too much. I still want to get it in the right box though.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

towards the rear port and sub fire back. Or port to the side.

I'd get a bank of caps if you're stuck with no high output alt, but that will take up some room. Less room than a battery though.

Your box is the problem when it comes to bandwidth, listen to the guys giving you recommendations on tuning and placement. Be open to slightly less output for better quality of sound

The SA-10 ported spec is 1-1.25 cu ft. The SA-12 is 1.5-2. If you're going up to a 1.5 box, you could add another .1 or .2 and slap a 12 in there.

Either way the SA (10 or 12) can handle way more power than the 750 off the kicker. I have an SA-12 wired at 1200 and it's doing fine so far.

As others have said, getting a correctly made box should be priority #1 . Just adding my $.02 if the box doesn't solve your problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.