to those of you that have use Fi BL's - whats a good enlcosure size

Participant count
  • Participant list

req
5,000+ posts

am a mod.
Syracuse, NY
eh?

friend of a friend has one and asked me for some info on the best box and port for a Fi BL 15. daily driver, not sure of the wattage, i assume recommended power.

again, if you have played with these and know the right amount of port area, enclosure size, and tuning freq - id appreciate any input. thus far, my instinct says ~3 cubes with 30 sqin of port area about 35 hz.

anyone fill me in on their experiences?

thx

i'm also interested in knowing the same thing im debating getting one myself but im not sure if i can sacrifice the space in my extended cab to do it.

i like to go bigger for the bl's. although ive only played with the 18's.

i noticed a pretty large difference in lowend, going from 6 cubes @ 32 to 7.5 @ 33hz. id say they like a little larger box. in the smaller box they tended to be peakier. pretty much the same way your average sub responds to box volume changes. but yes, id say go to 3.75 or so for the 15, but then again, i dont know what your friend likes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.