To Port, Or Not To Port

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrFriskles
10+ year member

THE BOX IS A SEALED BOX

Hey guys, got 2 tens in a box going into this space between the bar and whats left of back seats.

Essentially this area here

View attachment 26526150

Those two things on top are holes that used to be the old surround speakers, but they now go through to the trunk. They are basically just above where the box will go.

Question is this:

Is there any advantage to leaving the ports open to the trunk? more energy from the sub reaching the cockpit or something?

Or would it be better to just plug the holes up with some metal and put some damper on it to isolate the trunk better?

PS trunk is not going to be sound dampened beyond what was in there from the factory

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you would gain more if you port to the back instead of into the cabin.
This is only true if the box is small enough to not take up so much of the trunk that it suffocates the sub. If you are running something like a 15 and it fills up pretty much your whole trunk, it will be louder to turn the box around and fire into the cabin

The box is currently firing into the cabin. I think im probably going to fill the holes and just isolate the rear from the cockpit just for noise reasons, I was just curious if I would lose any "umph"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.