To Polyfill or not to Polyfill, that is the question?

skibumdc
10+ year member

Say you build a fiberglass enclosure exact to subwoofer specs, do you still place polyfill in the box?

Usually people say to use polyfill to make a box appear bigger to a sub....but this is not the case for me.

Will the polyfill eliminate standing waves? EDIT: Read up and saw standign waves in this frequency range are not an issue

To use Polyfill or not to use Polyfill? That is the question.

I have an IDQ10 v.2 d4 BTW and here are two images of the box.

topcarpeted.jpg

sidecarpeted.jpg

Nice reply. I see you have nothing better to do than reply with useless chatter to up your post count or help you feel smarter
and i see you have noting better to do than making ANOTHER thread because no one gives a **** about what you asked.

Let me guess, since no one is replying a answer in this thread...your gonna make a 3rd asking the same thing right?

fwiw, i have a 10w6v2 and a JL spec sealed box. Called JL and asked specifically about polyfill and an enclosure built to spec...

JL response: we always recommend it...even when box is built to our exact spec. ~ 1lb per sq. ft.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.