To Do or Not To Do?

Suisiders

I went to Soundscape Audio to get a quote on a complete build/install. I want some second opinions on if I should let them do the build or go somewhere else.

4.1 HP DSP Active System:

Audison Bit Ten $400

BT2 550 (2 Ch RCA 54ft) $102

BTF 030 (Y adapater 1 male and 2 female) $13

Dynamat front 2 doors (includes labor) $275

Hertz HDP5 $880

BPK800.1 (800W 4 Gauge Amp Kit 17ft) $140

Hertz HSK165 6.5" Comps $650

Hertz ES300.5 $350

Ported Enclosure for one 12" sub:

Design $75

Construction $225

Upholstery $112.50

Fab Materials $100

Finish Materials $50

Labor:

6 Hours (75/hour) $450

Custom Fabing (30mins) $47.50

Install Processor/tune $305

Total $4519.39 including tax

You're definitely getting hosed on the box design and construction. If you have that kind of dough contact PWK Designs for box design and recommendations on who can build.

hit up @Boomsday ; for a high quality box shipped to your door for under 150 with all the bells and whistles.

dynamat is overpriced and is weak compared to compeitiors. your getting hosed there too. Hertz components are 450$ everywhere else.
Why the hell do you need 54 feet of RCA cables for?
Hertz HDP5 is 660 else where.
Hertz ES300.5 is around 250
go with sky high car audio 4 gauge ofc kits or knu konceptz 4 gauge ofc kits.

That shop is ass raping you completely with the box and pretty much upselling everything by 100$ or more of its regular retail price.

If you really just want to pay others to do the work for you, then buy the equipment online and bring it to them to install. If you want to save even more money, I'd recommend do everything yourself. When you know the ins and outs of your system you'll be less likely to be screwed if any problems arise in the future. You'll at least know how to tune, fix or change anything that needs to be changed.

[quote name='jeffdachef']hit up @Boomsday ; for a high quality box shipped to your door for under 150 with all the bells and whistles.

dynamat is overpriced and is weak compared to compeitiors. your getting hosed there too. Hertz components are 450$ everywhere else.

That shop is ass raping you completely with the box and pretty much upselling everything by 100$ or more of its regular retail price.

If you really just want to pay others to do the work for you, then buy the equipment online and bring it to them to install. If you want to save even more money, I'd recommend do everything yourself. When you know the ins and outs of your system you'll be less likely to be screwed if any problems arise in the future. You'll at least know how to tune, fix or change anything that needs to be changed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured it was gonna be more since a local shop is doing it since they gotta make money. I want to install it myself but I have no idea what im doing when it comes to this stuff. I would also be even more lost trying to tune a bit ten DSP with my stock HU! But if anyone knows someone by garland or in the dallas area that could help me with the install (I'll pay for the help) then I'll definetly go the cheaper route for the same thing.

DSP: Audison Bit Ten $400
AMP: Hertz HDP5 950W $660
Comps: Hertz HSK 165XL 6.5" (2x125RMS) $600
Sub: Sundown Audio SA-12 D2 (600RMS) $200

Wires/Sound Deadening:
KnuKonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amp Kit $50 <------(Product SKU: KOL-AK4 - Let me know if thats the right one please!)
BT2 550 (2 Ch RCA 18ft) $34 <------(What should I use instead of this?)
BTF 030 (Y adapater 1 male and 2 female) $13 <------(What should I use instead of this?)
Dynamat front 2 doors (includes labor) $275 <---------(What should I use instead of this?)

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure on the other equipment, but the audison bit ten is a pretty good price. I only know because I am in the market for a processor and I was seeing them for $500+ online from reputable vendors.

the box price is high, but labor prices seem realistic.

as far as the tuning price, may be a tad high, but like you said, you don't know what you are doing there and those systems are very intricate. could take you upwards of 10+hrs to actually get it right.

not sure on the other equipment, but the audison bit ten is a pretty good price. I only know because I am in the market for a processor and I was seeing them for $500+ online from reputable vendors.
the box price is high, but labor prices seem realistic.

as far as the tuning price, may be a tad high, but like you said, you don't know what you are doing there and those systems are very intricate. could take you upwards of 10+hrs to actually get it right.
Would you recommend I get the Pioneer DEH-80PRS HU over the Bit Ten? It does what the DSP does but with only 16 bands instead of 31 and it would replace my HU so I would get a cleaner signal.

Soundscape is one of the top shops in the country. If you want one of the best taking care of you you have gone to the right place. The results should vastly exceed what you will get in 99% of other shops and certainly what a DIYer could do in the same amount of time. Remember that the parts are only part of the result. Yes, you can get things cheaper elsewhere, but this is the full package.

Soundscape is one of the top shops in the country. If you want one of the best taking care of you you have gone to the right place. The results should vastly exceed what you will get in 99% of other shops and certainly what a DIYer could do in the same amount of time. Remember that the parts are only part of the result. Yes, you can get things cheaper elsewhere, but this is the full package.
I completely aggree but I'm deciding on buying everything online then just having Soundscape Audio install it. That way I get all my equipment at a good price and I get an excellent install.

[quote name='jeffdachef']hit up @Boomsday ; for a high quality box shipped to your door for under 150 with all the bells and whistles.

If you really just want to pay others to do the work for you, then buy the equipment online and bring it to them to install. If you want to save even more money, I'd recommend do everything yourself. When you know the ins and outs of your system you'll be less likely to be screwed if any problems arise in the future. You'll at least know how to tune, fix or change anything that needs to be changed.[/QUOTE]

well not all the bells and whistles. My man don't do kerfs or octos lol. If I get another box from him, I will definitely get some 45s thrown in the corners tho lol

but ****, that shop is capital Fuckin him on the box price

Yeah I figured it was gonna be more since a local shop is doing it since they gotta make money. I want to install it myself but I have no idea what im doing when it comes to this stuff. I would also be even more lost trying to tune a bit ten DSP with my stock HU! But if anyone knows someone by garland or in the dallas area that could help me with the install (I'll pay for the help) then I'll definetly go the cheaper route for the same thing.
DSP: Audison Bit Ten $400

AMP: Hertz HDP5 950W $660

Comps: Hertz HSK 165XL 6.5" (2x125RMS) $600

Sub: Sundown Audio SA-12 D2 (600RMS) $200

Wires/Sound Deadening:

KnuKonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amp Kit $50

BT2 550 (2 Ch RCA 18ft) $34

BTF 030 (Y adapater 1 male and 2 female) $13

Dynamat front 2 doors (includes labor) $275

Bruh go out to Fort Worth and hit up VooDoo customs. They charge $50 to install your **** lol.

Best place in Texas to go to in this area imo

I also recommend Audio Nerdz outta Fort Worth aswell, but they charged like $125 for install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Suisiders

Suisiders
Garland, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
fasfocus00