To anyone scammed by hondacbr03 bad95gt 300hemi24s

First post on here, I'm a regular on sounddomain.com. I'm the guy who has apparently gotten mixed up in something I didn't want to by buying from hondacbr03 on sounddomain. I bought the Avic-N3 on monday night from him, was supposed to have a tracking number from him on tuesday, nothing but excuses. Supposedly was picked up by ups yesterday but I have no number to check that by.
Long story short, I have pm'd him and after seeing this vrx935vd dispute I will most likely have to file a paypal claim. If he is a scammer and I don't get my money back I would be willing to go in on filing a claim against him in small claims court. It looks like your in canada so I don't know how that works, but I'm in tennessee, too far to drive to "meet" him, but close enough to have him arrested.

I'm hoping for the best still, but after seeing from his main sale post him having the same IP address as 2 known scammers, I'm sure this is just his string along tactic to get to keep the money after you have waited too long to file a claim.

If you would like to contact me privately about this PM me on sounddomain if your on there same user name, or e-mail me at ioerror001@aol.com

Also I will keep you posted through this post if he does follow through. If he doesn't rip me on a 450.00 screen it maybe an honest mixup on your deal to, if he rips me, you know for sure he's just dragging you out.

Brandon

sup man! I know you from SD.com!

Anyhow, looks like you bought a unit that someone "bought" from him back in Dec.....they never recieved it and still hasn't! Hate to say it but I'm guessing you won't recieve it either:(.

Stay away people....if they scam once, they'll scam again. Also, too many "excuses" usually means some kind of scam....

V.

Looks like it unfortunately, we'll know by morning. And since I paypaled on monday night he defintly has money for your refund unless he spent it already. I wish I had come here before I bought. I found him on sounddomain and he had no positive or negative on there so I thought what the hell I'll try him. I paid CC so I'll end up getting my paypal account canceled because of the charge back. But if they won't get me my money I will get my CC company to get it. I won't lose money either way ... just a lot of fu$*% hassle for some guy to put us through.

You're a smart man paying with a cc. Why do you say Paypal will cancel your account if you do a chargeback though? I've done it a few times already and as long as you go through THEIR process first and THEN do the chargeback (for whatever amount they're not able to recover), they're pretty cool about it. It also makes it easier to do the chargeback afterwards as you will have a statement from Paypal to show your cc company that they have already ruled in your favor. The only thing that I would do is check the terms in your card agreement to see how long you have to dispute a charge. It's usually 90 days from the purchase date, I believe, but you should check to make sure.

Good luck to everyone....and don't let him keep stringing you guys along. Open up that dispute with Paypal NOW. If he then comes through with your item(s) -or a refund- all you have to do is go back to Paypal and hit the 'cancel' button on the dispute. Whatever you do though, don't let him talk you into canceling your dispute before you have your sht (or your money)! Once you cancel your dispute, you can't open up another one...and then your REALLY fcked. Again, good luck to all you guys.

Your right.

13.3 Filing Deadlines. We will not grant any Claim unless you first initiate a Dispute in our Resolution Center within 45 Days of the date of the relevant payment and then escalate the Dispute into a Claim within 20 Days of the date you file your Dispute. It is your responsibility to keep track of the deadlines under this section.

My time has almost ran out. 38 days I beleive. I will be opeing a dispute, if the product comes in I will close it.

Here's my PM log from sounddomain, got a tracking number, was told it was picked up on wednesday the 23rd, tracking number was created 1/25/08 .... looks like he just created a number to buy the weekend. I'm hoping it's picked up today, but looks bad.

=========================================================

Re: anic-n3 ????

ioerror001 ioerror001

Loc: White Bluff, TN 37187 haven't heard from you yet, just checking in on the tracking number. I understand if your busy, but I need the number. Thanks!

Brandon

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

Unread By: none

#206569 - January 24, 2008 03:02 PM Re: anic-n3 ????

hondacbr03 hondacbr03

SD Ralph Wiggum

Posts: 71 yeah, I printed the label. I dont have a ups account, just paid with my credit card.

I had to call and schedule a pick up.

I will send you a pic of the label and tracking number

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

#206571 - January 24, 2008 03:25 PM Re: anic-n3 ????

ioerror001 ioerror001

Loc: White Bluff, TN 37187 ok, my e-mail is ioerror001@aol.com you can send it there. I'm assuming it was picked up yesterday? Thanks!

Brandon

#206579 - January 24, 2008 06:14 PM Re: anic-n3 ????

ioerror001 ioerror001

Loc: White Bluff, TN 37187 Look I hope you get this message tonight, doesn't look like your on sounddomain, but I was on caraudio.com again and it looks like you get money from people and give a nice long runaround on getting merchandise. That being said, you have no feedback on sounddomain, and I should have done a better job checking ref's. Since I didn't I will still honor our deal, I was supposed to have had a tracking number from you on tuesday, I don't still on thursday night. I'm sure you will get this by morning. If I don't have a tracking number showing the item was picked up already by morning I'm filing a claim with paypal. I'm sorry if you have just been busy that it has come to this, but if your a scammer I have to protect myself. If I wait for the money to clear into your bank I have no recourse. If your on the up and up I'm sure you understand my position. If you have any questions you have my number and e-mail .... don't take it personally, keep in mind I expected a tracking number 3 days ago and have nothing but reasons why I don't yet. Thanks!

Brandon

#206591 - January 25, 2008 01:08 AM Re: anic-n3 ????

hondacbr03 hondacbr03

SD Ralph Wiggum

As I have NOT been home to check hardly anything,

Package was picked up.

I will snap a picture of the receipt and give it to you.

Thanks

I believe the other people I have sold to have there stuff on there way.

The only guy is one, who I am having a hard time with international shipping.

But that is getting taking care of with the shipping company.

Thanks

#206594 - January 25, 2008 01:24 AM Re: anic-n3 ????

hondacbr03 hondacbr03

SD Ralph Wiggum

I checked on it while I was at work....

I made sure everyting is ok. It shows due date Tuesday.

1Z6W39Y70390230422

#206595 - January 25, 2008 01:25 AM Re: anic-n3 ????

hondacbr03 hondacbr03

SD Ralph Wiggum

1Z6W39Y70390230422

Service:

UPS Ground Service

Guaranteed By:

End of Day, Tues. 29 Jan. 2008

#206598 - January 25, 2008 03:56 AM Re: anic-n3 ????

ioerror001 ioerror001

Loc: White Bluff, TN 37187 I'm not gonna file a claim yet since you did send me the tracking number, and I will post that I have the number, but I'm VERY familiar with ups, and this package either hasn't been picked up yet or was picked up LATE yesterday. Which is not in time to get it by friday like I asked and no where near picked up on wednesday.

In fact unless I'm seeing something wrong it says Shipped/Billed On: 01/25/2008 which means you just created a label this morning to avoid a claim. As long as I get the screen and all I will still post a public apology for jumping the gun and accusing you, but your not doing much for your case as you told me you shipped wednesday and created a label on friday ....can you see the issue.

Either way I'm not *****ing and moaning I understand busy work schedules been there done that, I just didn't lie to people about having shipped an item, either way as long as they pick it up today and I get a working screen no biggie. If it's not picked up today though I'm filing a claim, or expect a refund from you. I have a 3 day weekend this weekend, and I could have bought on ebay and gotten it in time to install this weekend. Now I can't.

Brandon

Unread By: hondacbr03

========================================================

I meant actually tell my cc to charge paypal back. You can do that to, but once you do you break your paypal TOS and they will cancel your account.

The good thing a lot of scammers don't understand (and why I don't like selling high dollar items on there) I have heard when they lose a large amount like that ... say my 400.00. If they couldn't recover it on their own (meaning he emptied the account and has had no more money come in) then once I force them to give it to my CC company they will go into his bank account and just take it. So even if he has withdrawn the money he gets hurt and I get my money back. Just have to give up a paypal account to do it.

I meant actually tell my cc to charge paypal back. You can do that to, but once you do you break your paypal TOS and they will cancel your account.

I'm telling you from personal experience that Paypal doesn't care if you do a chargeback as long as you do it AFTER they've ruled on your claim. All they want is if for you to give THEM a chance first (to investigate themselves) before you go talking to your credit card company about doing a chargeback. Like I said, I've done it a few times already and I still have my Paypal account. As a matter of fact, I'm dealing with a claim myself at the moment (with another scammer on this site) and if Paypal rules in my favor (NO doubt they will) and isn't able to recover ALL of my money, I will simply do a chargeback for the difference. Now, it would've been really easy for me to call up my credit card company as soon I learned that my seller was fraudulent and initiate a chargeback. If I had done that, I would've ALREADY had the money back on my card BUT I knew that if I did that, Paypal wouldn't like it and there could be consequences later (ie. them closing my account).

From the OLD user agreement in regards to them cancelling your account for doing a chargeback:

...Initiation by a buyer of a reversal process through the buyer's issuing bank without first pursuing the Buyer Complaint process
PayPal encourages all buyer purchase disputes to be filed and resolved through the PayPal dispute resolution process, and reserves the right to terminate or limit account access privileges of buyers who file reversal complaints without attempting to resolve the complaints through PayPal....
Like I said, all they ask is that you give them the opportunity to investigate the matter before you go calling your credit card company.

From the most RECENT user aggreement:

13.15 Relationship between PayPal Protection Programs and Chargeback Rights. The following information relates to reimbursement for losses from purchases where you used a credit card to fund a PayPal purchase:
a. Credit card chargeback rights, if they apply, are broader than PayPal Buyer Protection: among other things chargeback rights are not limited to $2,000.00 USD per transaction, can be filed more than 45 days after the transaction, and may cover unsatisfactory items even if they are not Significantly Not as Described.

b. you can choose to file a Dispute through our Online Dispute Resolution process and escalate the Dispute into a Claim or to exercise your Chargeback rights. However, or seek a double recovery. If you initiate a Dispute through the Online Dispute Resolution process and you then, while the Dispute or Claim is pending, file a Chargeback, PayPal will cancel your Dispute or Claim, and you will have to rely solely on your Chargeback rights.

c. If you close your Dispute or it is otherwise closed, or if you cancel a Claim or it is denied or results in no refund, you may still be able to pursue Chargeback rights.

d. If you timely file a Dispute and then escalate it to a Claim, and we do not complete processing of that Claim until after your credit card issuers imposed deadline for filing a Chargeback or after your banks deadline for filing an Electronic Fund Transfer Act dispute, and you recover less than the full amount you would have been entitled to recover from the credit card issuer or the bank, we will reimburse you for the remainder of your loss (minus any amount you have already recovered from the seller or any other Buyer Protection Program). PayPal reserves the right to contest Chargebacks, in accordance with the rules of the applicable card issuer or card association.

e. Buyers should follow the sellers return policy as stated on their auction or website. If a return policy is not available, the buyer should work directly with the seller to return the item. Buyers may be required to prove that the seller received the returned item and should obtain Viewable Online Proof of Delivery from an approved shipper. Return shipping is at the buyer’s expense unless otherwise agreed to by the seller.
As you can see, they don't even mention the "right to terminate your account" anymore. However, don't take that as meaning that they won't still do it. Paypal WILL get mad if you go to your credit card company before (or while) THEY investigate.

Finally, here's another section that might be of some interest to all of you who are waiting to open up a dispute/claim:

13.12 Buyer Complaint Policy Benefits. If we grant a Claim under our Buyer Complaint Policy, PayPal will seek to collect from the seller by debiting the sellers PayPal Account up to the amount of your loss, and you will receive a recovery to the extent that the seller has funds available in the Account at the time we debit the sellers Account. If there is more than one Claim against the same Account, we will process the Claims in the order they are filed, and will pay out on each granted Claim up to the amount of funds in the sellers Account at the time the Claim is awarded, but not more than the amount of the Claim.
What this basically boils down to is first come, first served.

Now, you have nothing to worry about as you can simply do a chargeback later for the difference -since you used a credit card. Everyone else though....

Oh, and regarding

The good thing a lot of scammers don't understand (and why I don't like selling high dollar items on there) I have heard when they lose a large amount like that ... say my 400.00. If they couldn't recover it on their own (meaning he emptied the account and has had no more money come in) then once I force them to give it to my CC company they will go into his bank account and just take it. So even if he has withdrawn the money he gets hurt and I get my money back....
Sorry to say but you are wrong. YEARS ago when Paypal first started out they used to yank the money from your bank account. They were taken to court for doing that though and that practice was deemed illegal. Now, the seller's balance will simply stay in the red until/unless they add funds into the (Paypal) account themselves.

Thought I would let everyone know I have had to file a claim with paypal, The tracking number this morning still shows billing informaton. Still hasn't even been picked up and our original agreement was to have the item in my hands by friday. I hope paypal does what they should, the dispute thing is totally different than way back when I had to do this before. Either way I paid Credit card, so worst case scenario I have to get another paypal account or use my girlfriends. I won't actually pay the 450.00 either way. ***** that ******** like this waste people's time and money. Do they not think if I do a chargeback and bassmaniak does one, and blah blah blah .... once they lose over a thousand dollars they will go back and sue him. It's not worth us to do the suit, but paypal paying out 1000.00 to some scammer they will pursue legal action or just drain his bank account to get their money back. They are like the IRS they won't lose that money.

nice to know all this. Thanks for the info. It will come down to that I'm sure. Do they not at least go back and sue the scammer once they lose a bunch, or are they so large they just don't care anymore?

All my knowledge of claims now is from what I had to file 5+ years ago I'm sure a lot has changed, I just know I have 3 open claims right now (75 85 and 50 something) That were awarded to me (I had paid by bank xfer not cc) and I still have never gotten a penny. Then there was a 300.00 claim I had filed one time and as soon as they ruled I had my money back right then. That's about all I know, and before you could ship someone an empty box and you as the seller were relieved of your liability as long as a package of some kind was shipped to the house of the buyer. I hope that's different as he has provided me a tracking number, I hope he doesn't send a brick and paypal deny the claim.

Either way what you posted sounds good to me so I think I'm safe just have to wait a couple weeks to get it all fixed because some child needs rent money.

Anyone else on here have an Avic-n3 for sale? Possibly an n4 if you can tell me how to bypass the video on them.

The guy that bought the Alpine d300 recieved it yesterday. I got a new tracking number that shows that the package has made it further then it has before so I think all is well. I should be getting the unit by monday or tuesday hopefully.

that's good. All I want is my screen, wish I could have had it before my 3 day weekend like we agreed before I paid, but if I get it next week I will gladly apologize to him and cancel the claim. Mine still shows billing information received though (I ship with ups all the time) the day it's picked up, by midnight that day it shows the city it was picked up in. Mine still today shows billing information received so he hasn't even given it to ups yet. Glad all is well with you 2.

Just to let everyone know hondacbr03 has officially scammed me, no respone to messages, no response to paypal claim, no item in hand, and the tracking number shows it still hasn't been picked up. Imagine that.

Glad some people didn't get scammed, but he is a piece of ****!

Got my clarion vrx935vd brain unit and wiring today.

Alot of trouble with shipping companys, the unit was actually sent out when said.

Thanks alot man, appreciate it.

He stayed in contact with me despite my threads and harsh words towards him.

DSC06226.jpg

not sure why he picks and chooses people to deal with, maybe he's a 2-3 week seller and just cannot accomidate shipping when he says he will. Either way I have had NO communication even on the paypal claim (and if he doesn't respond to them it's an automatic ruling in my favor) which is absolutely retarded on his part. Like I said glad you got your stuff, but he should still be labeled as a scammer due to the 3 screen names same IP (the other 2 were scammers) and the fact he scammed me. I wasn't even rude to him, just asked for a tracking number and he just didn't ship, still hasn't.

Brandon

he had sold me an avic-n3 and i havent received it yet or dont hear back from him when i ever i try to contact him. i opned a claim with paypal. any one got a better idea.

not sure why he picks and chooses people to deal with, maybe he's a 2-3 week seller and just cannot accomidate shipping when he says he will. Either way I have had NO communication even on the paypal claim (and if he doesn't respond to them it's an automatic ruling in my favor) which is absolutely retarded on his part. Like I said glad you got your stuff, but he should still be labeled as a scammer due to the 3 screen names same IP (the other 2 were scammers) and the fact he scammed me. I wasn't even rude to him, just asked for a tracking number and he just didn't ship, still hasn't.
Brandon
You won't get your money even if you win the claim, unless you go through your cc company.

he had sold me an avic-n3 and i havent received it yet or dont hear back from him when i ever i try to contact him. i opned a claim with paypal. any one got a better idea.
You should go through your cc company.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

bass maniak

10+ year member
Team Poundin Sound
bass maniak
Faust, Alberta ( CANADA )
Start date
Participants
Who Replied