TL-1021 TheLoudest.com

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chuck Manfre
10+ year member

NY
I bought one so far and now I am looking to get 1 or 2 more depending on the price. I can get 2 more from TheLoudest.com for a great price but the shipping is kind of high. Let me know,

Chuck

Model TL-1021

2007_09_06_21_08_50_tl-1021.jpg

Same board as Massive Audio 3K? Those were selling on eBay for @ 300$ earlier this year. According to reports they're pretty good, but smoke if they see less than 2 ohms. They are 2 1500W boards under one heatsink internally strapped IIRC

I think I may be changing my mind on what I am going to run. I plan on running 6 DC 15's lvl 4 with lvl 5 parts, got any idea on what amps I should look at? I was thinking maybe the DC 7 k but I don't know much about it.

I think I may be changing my mind on what I am going to run. I plan on running 6 DC 15's lvl 4 with lvl 5 parts, got any idea on what amps I should look at? I was thinking maybe the DC 7 k but I don't know much about it.
Tough to go wrong with DC. They are a solid brand.

I would avoid ANY Chinese/Korean made 7K amp, there isn't one out there that's really reliable. They're pretty much all time bombs and repairs are horribly expensive.

I would suggest multiple smaller amps. I suspect if you like DC, they have a 2K amp that will be much more reliable and much easier to deal with if something does go wrong.

Same board as Massive Audio 3K? Those were selling on eBay for @ 300$ earlier this year. According to reports they're pretty good, but smoke if they see less than 2 ohms. They are 2 1500W boards under one heatsink internally strapped IIRC
By no meens am I trying to dump your post but, I heard the same thing when I baught the amp. I sold him the amp and I'm sorry to say but, thats not true. I competed with that amp for close to a year and the whole time I ran it a 1 ohm and also ran it daily on same set up. Not once did it clip on me. I was pushing two 15" HDC3-A's with it and hitting mid 151's. Chuck sat in my truck and listened to it before he even baught it.

Didn't even want to sell it but, needed money for up grades. And I myself was told it was the same board as the massive but upon comparison it is exactly like the AP3k.

I would avoid ANY Chinese/Korean made 7K amp, there isn't one out there that's really reliable. They're pretty much all time bombs and repairs are horribly expensive.
I would suggest multiple smaller amps. I suspect if you like DC, they have a 2K amp that will be much more reliable and much easier to deal with if something does go wrong.
uhm about ever single good and big amp that is out there besides stetsom and SD (which are brazil) comes from Korea.....DD DC AB AQ Sundown Crossfire and a hell of alot more

So basicly dont listen to that guy because he has no idea what the hell he is talking about

I am still looking for another one, so if anyone finds one please PM me. I am in love with this amp and I know that 2 of them will look awesome in my wife's car when I done. Thanks again for the deal Ranalli, the amp is pushing the 2 12's ( OPTI1233D ) I have with no problem. Heck this thing never even gets warm, I ran it for 45 minuets straight. I am very surprised that my lights do not even dim. I think the amp is way more efficient then it claims. Thanks again for the help with the wiring diagram Ranalli. You are the man, my wife said thanks as she jumped out of the SUV with the bass know turned 1/2 up LOL. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I'll tell you myself I was kinda worried when I ordered it but, after trying it I was surprized at the power it put out. Everyone in my class was running 5k's and I was beating there scores. I think they were more surprized then I was. The only bad thing that I can say about the amp is the size of it. If you have the room for it it's fine but, if you have a compact car it can get in the way. Other than that I loved it. I wish they made a 5k or a 10k because I would deffinitly try them.

Ya its going to go in the back of my wife's car, the one we drove to get the amp. So plenty of room for 2. Still looking I know someone out in the awesome bass world has one. Morning BUMP

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.