Timing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

EzRush
10+ year member

I'm having a little bit of an issue deciding which way I want to go with my setup. I currently have a Focal Audio 165V3 component set which comes with a 6.5" 4" and Tweets. I'm planning on running 3 way off my alpine deck. My problem is should I try to build something to put the 4's up front(The 6.5's are going in the front doors) or should I put the 4's in the rear doors(stock location of rear speakers) and mess with the timing of the rear door speakers?

I don't know how or where to put the speakers in the front so that's why I'm trying to find different options.

System Components

Lexus GS400 (98)

US Amps AX-5600 5ch amp

FI Q 12" Subwoofer

Alpine 9815.

Focal Audio 6.5" 4" Tweeter

build something. you dont want any speakers behind you...

and you want your speakers relatively close to each other.

putting them behind you will completely wreck your sound stage, you will have part of your sound coming from the front, and part from the rear, and you WILL be able to hear the difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I've tried searching for options on how to build something, if I could build something custom woudl it be good to put them both in the door, that is the 4" and 6.5"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

EzRush

10+ year member
EzRush
Niagara Falls
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from