time for a van?

cobra65427289
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
IL
lets see. this all starts about 4 to 5 years ago. my friends parents decide to get a new van. so the question is what do they do with the old one. well they put it in a barn for a few years only to try and start it to find that the old one is quite dead. well, not so long ago, with a new battery and the same tank of gas it was stored with the beast roared to life. now i am faced with the choice of buying the older gmc 1500 van (huge ass interior, as big as suburbans) or keep my dodge intrepid. im thinking that if i can get the van for between 500 and 1000 ill take it, move my stereo stuff into it, sell my car, get a security system for the van and also a HO alt. yeah, 2 12k's and a 18xxx would be pretty sweet. especially with all that room. tell me what you think.

al

omfg, vans kick ass, u could put the sickest stereo in it, pimp it out and throw datins on it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

this van kicks ass. late 80's i think. i will be competing SPL with it, but nothing too extreme. probably my xxx and two 12k's. i will probably try and get a graduation present of a second xxx 18. my parents offered to send me on my class trip for graduation present. and that would have been over $700. so yeah, i think i would be running 2 18's probably. but dude, i so wouldn't mind rolling in a van. people laugh, then they hear ground shaking beats and they say what the f*ck with thier mouths down to the floor. hell yeah.

al

Keep your car ... daily driver.

Pick the van up for CHEAP ...

Get shitloads of power ... and two 18XXX's ... build a wall ...

SPL vehicle.

- Steve

**** right. spl all the way with that biatch. dont know about the wall though, not a real big fan of them, even though they get the high numbers i think i still can maintain a high score while keeping the back seats of it. not selling the car for a while though, not till after i had checked up the van, got a tune up, and had everything almost perfect on it. going to need some big amps though.

al

I think it is a very gay idea :hilarious

But what ever blows your skirt up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Uhm... Is this a van or a minivan? Those are two very different things.

If it's a regular van, you don't want it as a daily driver. Ride quality in those things is a notch above rolling around inside a cardboard tube.

If I was in that situation, I would try to keep the car for daily driving with one sub or something. Try to get the van for cheap fix it up, and heres where the fun begins. Maybe wall it, but you could just make a box out of the trunk and very back seat, then, replace those 2 middle seats with a COUCH! Friggin right! That would be great! I hope I can do that someday!

full size van. **** you phoneman. you tell me what you drive. then tell me what your future plans are. then ill decide if they are gay or not. ****in **** posting for no real reason. go fist yourself.

al

i think its a great idea, those things are becoming really popular and to see them done up better then some of these civics or w/e, thats pretty slick. but i wouldnt recomend it for daily driving, the gas on that thing especially with added weight of the box and woofers would rip your wallet apart! SPL/cruiser or w/e you wanna call it, but I dont recomend daily driving.

full size van. **** you phoneman. you tell me what you drive. then tell me what your future plans are. then ill decide if they are gay or not. ****in **** posting for no real reason. go fist yourself.
al
Haha, now you have gotten your panies all tied up in a wad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Dont take it so personal man or maybe you need to check into some antidepressants or somthing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif I have 2 vehicles, One is a 98 s-10 ex cab which I drive 120 miles a day in to and from work, The other is a 2004 Siverado SS Which I just bought. As for the S-10 I have had a few systems in it and have an A on order, but for the new SS I havent any plans for right now as far as audio. You see I dont go buy a vehicle just so I can put some big ass system in it and then go use it as my daily driver :thumbsdow That just dosn't make any sense. Now If you were to buy a van strictly for comps and put a wall in it, that would be alright. But as far as pimpen around town in a van and trying to make it look cool--------- that is just GAY :thumbsdow

And No, I will not go fist myself.

Its not the end of the world man, We all make mistakes sometimes :hilarious

you see, when your in highschool, and you work and pay for everything you own and have very limited funds and do want to compete your daily driver will become your competition vehicle. as for money on gas, my EGR valve is out on the intrepid so i am running full rich and getting about 10 to 13 mpg. i have managed with that. i never said anything about pimping out a van. i said just put a system in it and clean up some of the exterior. so yeah, ive been looking for something that would be decent as a daily driver, and have room for a system. my intrepid does not have the room i want unless i take out the back seats and put in a wall. so i wouldnt be able to stand a wall in my car.

al

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.