time delay

Participant count
  • Participant list

JakeC

Hi all im New to this forum, but I have frequently checked it out for information.

Im having trouble with time-delay in my vehicle. I have a ranger extended cab but it's still a very small space. My subs are actually closer to me then my passenger side door speaker.I have played with the time delay some but haven't had much luck with imaging.my speakers are in the stock locations with tweeters less than 9 inches away from the woofer I have removed my rear seats and placed both my subs back there. Any information would be appreciated I thank all in advance.

running Kenwood X 997 HU, Image Dynamics XS 5x7 in the doors and 2 jl 10 wo for subs

Last edited by a moderator:
you may need to relocate the tweeters to gain some stage height. I recommend trying that first. Put them in the sail panel or on the a-pillar.

delaying subs is different than speakers because there is never a full wave developed. sometimes you can get bass to appear in the soundstage but the sub level is typically very low. the sub level will need to be close to the level of the front woofer midbass. right behind you, best to play with delay. adjust the delay until bass instruments move up front. for testing this you want to just use one of the sub output channels so you only need to adjust one of the sub outputs (unless you can "link" the delay for both left and right sub out).

Moving the tweets would be a good idea if I didn't have holes cut out for them in my doors already. But I will definitely play with the subs delay some.Maybe even adjust the crossover a bit?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.