Time delay for tweeters?

2wheeler
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
noyfb
My components are mounted in the factory locations in my truck, about 14" from the mids to the tweeters. Question is: Is there a way to delay the tweets a bit and improve the imaging/soundstage?

(use a really long wire to the tweets? lol)

An lpad like say a cdt lp1 or equal will allow u to adjust the tweeter output to blend it. It will allow for -+10db of attenuation and only set ya back 17 bux or so

there's a difference in time delay and attenuation though...... I'm not aware of a passive time delay piece.

you can reverse the polarity of the tweeters though, that may help with what you're trying to accomplish.

Thanks, but my x-overs have an attenuation option, what I'm looking for is to delay the sound from my tweets to let the mid sound "keep up". I started thinking about this when playing with the time delay feature on my alpine HU. I was amazed at the difference in sound when I got the distance/delay settings right, so I started thinking about doing the same thing to the individual drivers. I know an active x-over setup might allow this, but I'm thinking more on the line of an addition to my passive x-overs to allow this function. Probably not possible with the simple gear I have, but it cant hurt to ask....

edit; reverse the polarity, that might help, or it could make it worse... free to try though, I'll give it a shot. Thanks

I know an active x-over setup might allow this, but I'm thinking more on the line of an addition to my passive x-overs to allow this function. Probably not possible with the simple gear I have, but it cant hurt to ask....
To have time delay you need one major thing; Memory. Can this be done with analog? Yes; but the processors that do it are few and far between.

So, simple answer; You'd need to be running active, with the tweeters on their own dedicated channels to time delay them independently with the HU's digital time alignment (assuming here that your HU has time alignment).

But, as bean mentioned, play with the polarity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.