ticket for illegal tint

Originally posted by Matador how did u get it thrown out/
Eh, went to court, told i took it off (which i was gonna do). They said i had a clean record (which i did, except for a speeding ticket which i went to driving school for), and they let me go. Probably the main reason they let me go is because i said i was gonna bring my truck in for evidence, but my starter crapped out on my so i couldn't. Oh well.

you guys must have crappy tint i got 5% on the back windows and 20% on the front and i see out fine all the time even at night just a lil darker

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Old post alert

^ ^ ^ haha that is funny. One of the cars in my driveway has 20%... It is really nice on sunny days... but the fun stops there. At night especially if you drive in rural areas, it is scary. You look out your window, and you see nothing. It isn't so bad if you are in a city... you can see headlights and streetlights well enough, but there are times when I hate it.

My car is tinted with 35 all around, and I love it. 99 times out of a 100, I am driving my car like a sane adult... so I have a clean record.

Skull license plate? I dunno if 'mysterious' was the right word... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

tint is only a moving violation. you could have ur front windows painted black it doesnt matter just drive with the windows down. ur in cali so weather is the same year round for the most part. no big deal

im from cali....cops only really care if its blacked out in the fronts.....ive got like 40% in the front and never been hassled, but theyve asked me to roll up my windows when they were down cuz they saw my back was blacked out and assumed the front would be too but the cop said he and most other cops dont care as long as they can see inside and i didnt get a ticket

This is retarded, everyone wants to complain about cops, but yet people think like this..

You know its illegal, but your still going to do it and are already getting prepared for what happens when you get cought, and then you ***** becuase they never let you alone and stuff...

Come on... Cops are always looking for things like this though just to pull you over and hope they have another thing they can get you for that might lead to them searcing your car and finding even more goodies...

Use your head...

I have 5% on the back and 15% on the sides, Ive gotten a ticket for it, its only a "fix-it-ticket" cost me nothing to just rip the tint of the sides, go down to police station, have someone go look and make sure the tint is off, sign off the ticket, pay $10 bucks at the court, and that it.

Jesus, read this whole post and didnt relize it was like 2 years old. Oh well, since there are still other people posting then I will post my experience with tint. Had 20 percent on a cavalier and got 2 tickets with in same month. About 2 years later had a s10 with the factory tint in the back and did the fronts the same and never got pulled over. It just depends on what kind of mood the cop is in and how you are driving. So on that note, drive safe!

**** old.

but i got cited for 35% front/5% rear. it was during night and im sure the 35% was somewhat dark at that time. this was in ca. i recieved this citation along with a redlight runner. went to court and contested it, case was dismissed. but you will either pay the tint fine (usually 120+) or pay the small court fees and have it removed with an officers sig on the back (fix-it ticket).

now, i have 20% front/5% rear. yes it does **** driving on dark area roads during rain. the city is perfectly fine for me though. i drive pefectly safe after various tickets, the only policemen that would probably bother with me are the traffic division (motorcycle police) as the ones in town have nothing to do at all. for christ sake, they cite people for jaywalking, no helment on a pedal bike, giving middle school kids tickets, hide in alley ways to catch drivers speeding 5mph above the limit, etc. its ridiculous:crap:

i dont know if it has already been said, but i think in cali , which is where i am, you can tint your front side windows up to 70%. mine are a little over being at 50% on the fronts. but you cant touch the windshield. my windshield has 50% on it as well, and i nor any of my friends have had any trouble. (knock-on-wood)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Matador

10+ year member
-= StillBumping =-
Matador
Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date