Threatcon 4 12" and 15" info

C2 Audio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
REVISED AS OF 5 APRIL 2013:

So after lots of testing and debating....C2 Audio has chosen to change up the Threatcon 4. Images below are the side by side comparison and the new dust cap and cone shots. This new prototype will be a 4" flat-wound coil as opposed to the previous version's 3" coil. Also the magnet is 20oz larger.

The basket will be powder-coated dust black and the vent screens are going to be removed as well. I've been running this prototype in my car for 4 days on an SAZ 2500d and it really pounds! New T/S Parameters, enclosure specifications, RMS, etc will be updated for after further testing.

For right now we expect the pricing to stay the same at $249.95 for the 12" version and $269.95 for the 15" version. This change has pushed back the release date a little, so expect to see these around the end of May to early June.

Thanks for the support and stay tuned!!!

axzm2w.jpg

2qiclqo.jpg

Important Links!!!

C2 AUDIO || 12" Threatcon-4 Subwoofer

C2 AUDIO || 15" Threatcon-4 Subwoofer

C2 Audio | Facebook

C2CarAudio - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Tested another Threatcon 4 prototype this week and have to make some more changes to it before I get the full on production going. I'll post more updates as I get them!

Chris

Don't have T/S parameters on this woofer yet since we are still making some changes....once we start full on production and I have these parameters, I will post them in this thread for everyone.

Chris

where are these manufactured? assuming china due to the low pricing?

also why should i buy your product? what makes it stand out above the rest? there is a whole SLEW of companies with drivers with the same specifications. Alot in this niche, so why is yours any better?

He has alot of time in the car audio game man. 20 years of experience from R&D, build up, testing, competition, marketing, sales, etc. Go check out the video of the THREATCON 2 in action on his YouTube link. He wants to make quality woofers that are easy on the wallet. Other than seeing the woofer perform you'll have to take a chance on them. I'm running a single SA-10 and ill be picking up his Threatcon 2 12" sub.

He has alot of time in the car audio game man. 20 years of experience from R&D, build up, testing, competition, marketing, sales, etc. Go check out the video of the THREATCON 2 in action on his YouTube link. He wants to make quality woofers that are easy on the wallet. Other than seeing the woofer perform you'll have to take a chance on them. I'm running a single SA-10 and ill be picking up his Threatcon 2 12" sub.

Great, i still want to know why this sub woofer is better than any other sub woofer in its price subset. Also i understand sales and marketing very well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif receiving my MBA in a month.

Congrats on that! Subs are made overseas and these subs aren't going to destroy any and all competitors it sees. Chris just wanted to make a sub that is competition quality at an affordable price. He's already got a guy interested in running 14 Threatcon 2's throughout 3 of that guys competition vehicles. So that's pretty sweet. Also Chris is going to offer SPL versions of every C2 Subwoofer series. That will be an additional fee.

Great, i still want to know why this sub woofer is better than any other sub woofer in its price subset. Also i understand sales and marketing very well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif receiving my MBA in a month.
As Jason said, I'm just trying to get you guys the best possible woofer I can make, and keep it very affordable in the process. Yes, I have the woofers built overseas but if you choose to you can request an SPL version of any C2 Audio subwoofer for an additional fee and I will build it and test personally. I'm not here to destroy sundown audio or dc audio with my brand. I actually run SA-12's in my vehicle. However, I just want to make my woofers be competitive with their lines while keeping them very affordable.

If you've checked out the YouTube link the Threatcon 2 is 600 RMS took 800 watts for a few hours with no issues at all and didn't even get warm. After running it at 1200 watts for 55 mins straight there was a spyder glue failure which has been resolved for the production line. Although I rate my subs conservatively so there shouldn't be any issues.

As far as the Threatcon 4, still making some changes and I will pass some more details along as I get them. What I have listed now is mostly accurate, however I have adjusted the prototype slightly....more to come on that.

I hope this has given you some insight on what my goals are with the C2 Audio line and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. Jason is pretty good at answering them as we talk pretty often about the lines. If he doesn't know he asks me to give you the info. So, again thank you for your inquiry and I hope I answered your question.

-Chris

As Jason said, I'm just trying to get you guys the best possible woofer I can make, and keep it very affordable in the process. Yes, I have the woofers built overseas but if you choose to you can request an SPL version of any C2 Audio subwoofer for an additional fee and I will build it and test personally. I'm not here to destroy sundown audio or dc audio with my brand. I actually run SA-12's in my vehicle. However, I just want to make my woofers be competitive with their lines while keeping them very affordable.
why not? I would want to be the KING if i was investing time and money into starting a speaker company. Basic capitalism. I understand your position as wanting to be humble though.

If you've checked out the YouTube link the Threatcon 2 is 600 RMS took 800 watts for a few hours with no issues at all and didn't even get warm. After running it at 1200 watts for 55 mins straight there was a spyder glue failure which has been resolved for the production line. Although I rate my subs conservatively so there shouldn't be any issues.

Very reasonable amount of power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As far as the Threatcon 4, still making some changes and I will pass some more details along as I get them. What I have listed now is mostly accurate, however I have adjusted the prototype slightly....more to come on that.

I hope this has given you some insight on what my goals are with the C2 Audio line and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. Jason is pretty good at answering them as we talk pretty often about the lines. If he doesn't know he asks me to give you the info. So, again thank you for your inquiry and I hope I answered your question.

Indeed you did

-Chris

my replies in red

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date