Thoughts on components

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dtrom
10+ year member

MAF
Looking for some opinions on the JBL GTO 6.5 comps... Their $200 on sonicelectronix. Looking for good sq that can easily keep up with a 2000 rms substage. I'm all ears for other options... But they must be available in a matching 6.5 coaxial for rear fill... Budget for just the components is around $200. Rms power handling preferred is 100w each side or lower. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Boston Acoustics......6.5" comps up front and 6.5" coaxials in the rear deck.....keeps up with a DC 5k and sound amazing....
What model?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

cdt com 626 200 shipped new
Power handling? All the cdt stuff I've seen is like 150-200 rms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I believe mine are the SC 60.......they are NOT the expensive ones....mine are barely above entry level.....They impressed West when he sat in BMW and I have a 110 x 4 on them.......Had them now for about 2 yrs and they are still kicking

What model? 

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Power handling? All the cdt stuff I've seen is like 150-200 rms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
thats per side at 120 hertz tho

I believe mine are the SC 60.......they are NOT the expensive ones....mine are barely above entry level.....They impressed West when he sat in BMW and I have a 110 x 4 on them.......Had them now for about 2 yrs and they are still kicking
SC that's the model I had and ended up selling before I installed last year. Hmmm. I'll look into those again perhaps

I have Boston Acoustics......6.5" comps up front and 6.5" coaxials in the rear deck.....keeps up with a DC 5k and sound amazing....
Are yours the ones rated at 65 rms per side? I find those the SC comps for $250 on woofersect

I dont remember the rms....but i paid $120 for them at the time....they were on sale at online car stereo....this was before i got dist accounts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.