Thoughts on Audiobahn!!!!!!!!

Like I said I don't know if it accurate or not, that's just what he told me sooo yah I am hopin to try the amp out this weekend I just got the box put together soo I guess I will have to wait and see....

if an amp uses 1000 watts at 14,4 volts, the amount of current would be 1000/14.4 = 69.444 amperes, thus a 70 amp fuse (or 2 35's) should stay intact (theoretically, only really expensive fuses are that precise). If a supposed 2000 watt pyramid amplifier has a 25 ampere fuse, it can't deliver more than 25ampere x 14.4 volts = 360 watts (maximum wattage, cause the fuse would bust if the amperage raises over 25 amperes for just an instant)

so the fuse tells what current the amplifier will maximally pull, and thus the maximum wattage, the formula is easy and effective to seperate (as a dutchman would put it) the boys from the men

if i'm wrong on this i give up faith in the dutch educational system

_J_D_Hogg, Oudorp, NL

btw, anyone got me some specs/thoughts on the mtx ho 225 amplifier?

baw, anyone know who'll ship /////alpine type R's to the netherlands, coz over here they are +/- 300$ each, and the prices on online american shops are way more to my liking, so if u know anybody who'll ship, please let me know,

ok, if you have it rated at 12 volts, then that means it will produce less watts at 12, and when an amp is rated at 12 it is better than being at 14, more power, so if you have a 60 amp fuse rated at 12 volts, ur saying it produces less watts than a 60 amp fuse at 14.4 volts???

nevermind that, i reread over it, and i completely missed the first statemnt

i get your theory now

i have never heard of it but it sounds good, maybe maybe not, im gonna try it out

thanks

but sorry, i understand what u say now

Originally posted by SunKicker I got this from a KICKER Rep, I was talking to him about Pyramid . legacy etc and he said yeah to tell if the amp can do what it says is multiple the Volts*the FUse ratting and that's the most power the amp can put out... cause PYRAMID for example would have say a 2000 watt amp, yet the fuse is 25 amps and just going by what he told me, I admit this could be wrong lol.... but wasn't sure soo if ya all can inform me other wise please do so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif..... I would like to have CORRECT knowledge lol..

Thanks... Soo yeah the Audiobahn then should do me just fine then?? If they are underrated by what % would you say???

Power=Volts^2xcurrent(fuse rating)

call me crazy, but the formula works for rough figures @ 4ohms bridged for 2 channels... formula works for a JBL 1200.1, with their rated 114amp draw...I just divided into 2 to get RMS figures... not accurate, but gives you a rough idea of what the amp might be able to do... also works for my old school amps...

not bad, not bad at all....

maybe that's how kicker rate their amps....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.