Thought SS Rubicon 2500d

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Like the title says. Looking for thoughts on the Ruby 2500. I have read they are pretty solid performers other then they can run a bit hot. I would be running it at .5 ohm nominal, and i know im going to have some rise in there, and i have a pretty good electrical system to back it up. Subs will be 2 Obsidian Audio 18v2's d2's.

Electrical as followed:

220a Dc Power Alt(tested to do right at 250a)

Big 3 in 2ga OFC

4 Runs of 0ga front to back battery bank(2 Positive & 2 Negative)

2 AGM Batterys in the back (180 Total AH)

1 Duralast Gold(Wet Cell) for stock battery under hood(will be changed)

Thoughts?????

Thanks,

Like the title says. Looking for thoughts on the Ruby 2500. I have read they are pretty solid performers other then they can run a bit hot. I would be running it at .5 ohm nominal, and i know im going to have some rise in there, and i have a pretty good electrical system to back it up. Subs will be 2 Obsidian Audio 18v2's d2's.
Electrical as followed:

220a Dc Power Alt(tested to do right at 250a)

Big 3 in 2ga OFC

4 Runs of 0ga front to back battery bank(2 Positive & 2 Negative)

2 AGM Batterys in the back (180 Total AH)

1 Duralast Gold(Wet Cell) for stock battery under hood(will be changed)

they are decent amps ...run at .5 fine ..are you buying new or getting a good deal used?

Thoughts?????

Thanks,
ur electrical def wont be a problem

ur electrical def wont be a problem
did you add the other part under were i said the duralast? i would probably buy it new. On Onlinecarestereo they are 289 shipped new , but with a code they are 268 shipped

did you add the other part under were i said the duralast? i would probably buy it new. On Onlinecarestereo they are 289 shipped new , but with a code they are 268 shipped
yea i fcked up quoting you...thats gona be hard to beat bro ...thats a solid price ..i think thats plenty o power for the oas and a nice step up from the apsm

yea i fcked up quoting you...thats gona be hard to beat bro ...thats a solid price ..i think thats plenty o power for the oas and a nice step up from the apsm
yea im really wanting to just run 1 amp because its simpler/easier to deal with, and i figure the Ruby would be about the same amount of power that i would get from 2 apsm 2ks. I usually only run single sub setups because the es of only having to replace/ recone 1 subs lol.

yea im really wanting to just run 1 amp because its simpler/easier to deal with, and i figure the Ruby would be about the same amount of power that i would get from 2 apsm 2ks. I usually only run single sub setups because the es of only having to replace/ recone 1 subs lol.
i dont see alot of recones in ur future with this setup lol...at least not setup right

i dont see alot of recones in ur future with this setup lol...at least not setup right
im confused im trying to figure out what the guts for one looks like. everytime i look on google it has 2 different gut picks for some reason

Two different versions, single fan is the original design (some say better) and the dual fan is the latest/current version.
i see. i really like the lloks of these amps, and they from what ive ready they make a good amount of power, and im going to be running 2 600 rms subs(the OA's) so it should be enough power for them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date