Thought I'de ask Anyways

Ali1
10+ year member

e6300 FTW
U.S.
So i have an Alpine 9856 and it seems like there is a difference in tone after volume 22. Once it hits 23, the volume is actually lower. Is this clipping from the HU? I want to listen to my HU as loud as 35 because i want to hear the lyrics while keeping the bass. Plus, i bought the HU to listen to the full volume, not to listen to partially of it. Treble is already on high, but i was just curious if anyone knew this or not.

set everything to flat on your headunit, tune your eq and crossovers and turn the gains down on your amp/amps until you can turn your headunit up all the way. Keep tuning until nothing is distorting while your headunits volume is turned up all the way. Otherwise you are just ruining your speakers by sending them distortion.

well, i have two type Rs on a Hercules @ .5ohms. I was just reffering to the volume, not soo much of the bass.

i have the 9855 and it seems like from volume level 21 or 22 all the way to about 29 there is no change in volume, but once you increase the volume from 30 to 35 the volume does increase..idk why there is this gap where the head unit does nothing. i thought it was wierd.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

i have the 9855 and it seems like from volume level 21 or 22 all the way to about 29 there is no change in volume, but once you increase the volume from 30 to 35 the volume does increase..idk why there is this gap where the head unit does nothing. i thought it was wierd.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

change your EQ settings

i had the same problem.

set your own crossovers, then change the settings from GEQ to PEQ.

tuuuurtley made a world of difference.

i know music sounds different to everyones ear but what are some decent, i guess you could say, base(as in core) settings to start out with on the parametric eq. and crossover.?? i did have it one graphic eq and the volume thing did change.

i know music sounds different to everyones ear but what are some decent, i guess you could say, base(as in core) settings to start out with on the parametric eq. and crossover.?? i did have it one graphic eq and the volume thing did change.
umm..i think my sub is crossed @ 80hz w/ a 12db slope.

then i cant remember the rest...mids are @ 100hz or so....i dunno. id go look but my explorer isnt here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.