Thoghts about this HU?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Apoc
10+ year member

Buying 1st System
Sadly, I have a friend that bought this HU off of ebay because it was cheap...He can send it back if he doesnt like it which I will most likely make him do but I wanted to hear opinions about it first. It doesnt seem like it would be too reliable, has anyone worked with this company before? This is the HU, a Legacy LCD-97DFX. Let me know

Sadly, I have a friend that bought this HU off of ebay because it was cheap...He can send it back if he doesnt like it which I will most likely make him do but I wanted to hear opinions about it first. It doesnt seem like it would be too reliable, has anyone worked with this company before? This is the HU, a Legacy LCD-97DFX. Let me know

if it's anything like there amps it's garbage. i didn't even know legacy made headunits.

Its complete garbage. I did a guys E46 not too long ago that had to have a flipscreen and a DVD reciever. He got some off the wall screen for his dash and the Pyramid/Legacy DVD receiver. Funniest thing..had a digital display with ANALOG tuning, yes like the knob/dial on the MUCH older radios. Obviously no preset stations. Came with a remote with no volume on it. He requested that the radio be mounted above the passenger footwell (below the glovebox). So then he had to reach across the car to change a station or volume,etc...Funniest thing I ever had to do, especially for an e46 Bimmer!

--Don

BTW..both the monitor and DVD receiver didnt last more than about 1-2mos

thats pretty much what I was telling him, when he gets it Ill have him send it back but what are some other HUs he can get that ar decent for about $100?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Apoc

10+ year member
Buying 1st System
Apoc
Sioux City, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date