This is driving me crazy Please Help!!

drk1234
10+ year member

Chicago
I'm new here because i can't figure this out it's really annoying me. Anyway, I had an rca adapter to the back of my old headunit, as it didn't have built in rca's and I put subs in my car. They worked fine. I upgraded to a new headunit with built in rca's and kept the same sub system. When i have my rca's plugged to the back of the new headunit i don't get enough bump to my subs its very weak, i have gone through all the settings in the HU and still stays the same. I've returned four headunits thinking that was the problem, including getting different models and that still didn't fix it. Since i had that old adapter laying around I set the system up with that (not using the built in RCA outputs in the HU it taps into speaker wires) and it worked fine. Any ideas why the rca jacks in the back of the head units aren't working?

Alright so the guy at best buy says i need a bigger amp because it was getting more power with my old setup with the rca adapter. I think thats what some of you were trying to say. Does that sound right?

I'm running two 12 sony xplods with a 600 watt xplod amp, its not the best but its what i could afford at the time. Anyways, the guy at best buy was telling me my amp couldn't power those two. So when i went home i called my buddy and i hooked my amp and subs to his power, ground, and remote wire to test it out. They worked perfectly fine. Could it be my power or ground in my car? It read a constant twelve volts on my dmm though. My car also has a premium sound system i don't know if it could have anything to do with that. So its not my equipment, but something to do when im only running from my car, any ideas?

I just hooked up my rca's coming out of my headunit to my friends system in his car we get the same thing, just barley any sound/ vibration. I tried it with multiple headunits and rca's wired up to my car and same thing everytime. Its something to do with my car, its very strange. Could the RCA's not be grounding properly? Im stumped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.