Coil burning smell

937DYTBOI
5,000+ posts

TL>you
Dayton,Ohio
Hey guys i have a problem as you see. I had my stereo cranked up gains higher than what they should be at, and i was playing my system to long at extreme volumes which was stupid. I suddenly smelt burning of my coils so i immediately turned the system off. Will my speaker and amp be ok as long as i turned down my gains and not smell the burning coils again. It seems that since i turned the gain down i dont smell it what may have been going on? help me out

Yea i was being a dumb ass. i just liked it being that loud to see the pissed of look on others peoples face when they are next to me. That makes me laugh when they pull next to me and give me dirty look and roll up their windows. u know what i say to that **** them. But yea i cut em down i will only be cutting it up now for competitions just to see what i hit. but appreciate the help:)

^your are a dumbass. take your boomcar somewhere else. pissing off people is the wrong thing to do.

anyways, careful with that smell... sometimes it means the subs are breakin in a lil, sometimes it means there on their last limb

Yea i had that last limb **** happen to me before just trying to make sure it doesnt happen again. I wont be pissing anybody off now just sum regular old bass

yeah you need to rethink the things you do before you do them....loud music next to people in cars....makes you happy...loud music next to police....makes you ...........well you know

i just heard some dude boomin his bass drivin by my house....and it's 12:24 am! wut a fukin moron have some respect for other people jeez.
a 2x4 with nails pounded in it is good for that. just dont do it in front of your house.

Well I like to piss of the rich people that think they are better than us working class. So sometimes I will crank mine up well the yuppies are on there cell phones talking to there girlfriends or well girlfriends husband! But any other time I keep it down to listening level so I dont get any more tickets. You all have to admit at one time or another you have boomed your system well parked next to somebody. Unless I really am an a-s-s, humm?

yeah you need to rethink the things you do before you do them....loud music next to people in cars....makes you happy...loud music next to police....makes you ...........well you know
actually i had a cop pull up next time and i turned it down real quik and he shook his head and rolled down his window and i was like that **** was so loud i couldnt even hear my ear piece...altho i never saw him and i coculdnt really tell what he said but thats what my friend said i wasnt trying to look at him cuz i was laughing the whole time

Well I like to piss of the rich people that think they are better than us working class. So sometimes I will crank mine up well the yuppies are on there cell phones talking to there girlfriends or well girlfriends husband! But any other time I keep it down to listening level so I dont get any more tickets. You all have to admit at one time or another you have boomed your system well parked next to somebody. Unless I really am an a-s-s, humm?
i wasn next to a guy one day with my windows down talking to my girlfriend with no music on whatsoever. this punk ass lookin wanabee with tattoos all over his arms rolled up in like a 1990 4 door mercedes blaring his music. so i was like whatever, this dudes a bia...and just rolled my windows up. now this is a long light, so like 30 seconds later i hear his music turn down and he is on his cell phone. so i rolled my windows down and turned my music up. he got so pissed that he couldnt hear on his phone that he ran the light. i guess it didnt teach him anything but it just goes to show that people dont give a **** about you, only themselves.

i wasn next to a guy one day with my windows down talking to my girlfriend with no music on whatsoever. this punk ass lookin wanabee with tattoos all over his arms rolled up in like a 1990 4 door mercedes blaring his music. so i was like whatever, this dudes a bia...and just rolled my windows up. now this is a long light, so like 30 seconds later i hear his music turn down and he is on his cell phone. so i rolled my windows down and turned my music up. he got so pissed that he couldnt hear on his phone that he ran the light. i guess it didnt teach him anything but it just goes to show that people dont give a **** about you, only themselves.
LMAO, I've done that a couple times...Or whats even better, is when they are sitting at the light, and you pull up behind them just moderately listening and they are blasting there ****...(I usually listen to moderate music at low volumes)...

They just sit there and annoy everybody at the light, so I decide to put them to shame lol... I like to pop in a ~37hz tone so they can hear mine way over there own. lol...great stuff...they start looking around all frantic like...phuckin posers...ALLWAYS drive off as fast as they can...and I take my time...lol

I ALLWAYS keep my volume low around any residential areas, and at stop lights. I didn't realize how much it pissed people off until I did it one time...(Never did it again) I pulled up behind an elder lady in an oldsmobile on a sunday afternoon. I was jammin out back when I had my 3 IDMAXs. When I got behind her, she started like looking around and grabbing her rear view mirror...and then put her hands over her ears...I was like WTF at the time (I was stupid) but when she took off, I passed her up and she flicked me off........keep in mind this lady was probobly 80...and I lived in a small town at the time...

Anyway, I allways turn my isht down since then....cause its encredibly annoying to those who don't want to hear it.

i only abuse the noise pollution when there's someone else blasting their stock or weak ass aftermarket system ahaha. it'll usually shut them up and make them stop bopping their heads to whatever crap they were listening to.

btw, i've cranked it SO LOUD next to cops before and they just look at me, and do nothing. maybe they're used to it? i dunno i had to try it a couple times just for the hell of it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.