This girl needs help! ((Factory radio to touch screen after market))

Participant count
  • Participant list

14lh11372

Okay so I have a 2003 Impala 3.4L. I recently purchased a plye touch screen radio setup. I have all the wire hook ups and such. The wiring from the aftermarket is corrected labeled but how do I hook them up to my impala wires? They do not match color codes I looked that up. It says I need to connect the "parking" wire on my aftermarket to the -B on my impala in order for the screen to work, what is the color of the -B wire on my impala? I need help!

Thanks,

Haley

Your going to need something like this link and the wire that needs to get connected to the parking is the 2nd ground wire. Most screen headunits has a 2nd ground wire that connected to the hand brake so when you put the hand break down the screen shows. It's mostly a safety so the screen don't remain on when the car is parked and your inside but you can just ground that one off direct to something metal behind where the head unit sits. You shouldn't double check my advice before any actions, good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sounds like you need a radio harness. It connects to your factory radio harness and gives you wires to connect with your aftermarket. Can also look up the12volt.com for vehicle specific wire colors

Okay so I have a 2003 Impala 3.4L. I recently purchased a plye touch screen radio setup. I have all the wire hook ups and such. The wiring from the aftermarket is corrected labeled but how do I hook them up to my impala wires? They do not match color codes I looked that up. It says I need to connect the "parking" wire on my aftermarket to the -B on my impala in order for the screen to work, what is the color of the -B wire on my impala? I need help! Thanks,

Haley
I just went through the same install...

You will want the following to help make it easy.

Amazon.com: Metra Axxess Non-Amplified/Non-OnStar Interface Harness for Select 2000-2005 GM Vehicles: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Scosche Automotive Wire Harness -1988-up GM Micro/Delco Antenna Adapter: Car Electronics

I was able to use the instructions provided with the HU and with the Metra harness. The colors matches the HU as they should. If you run into issues take a few pictures or list the harness you have and the "leftover" wires that you are confused about.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.