This cannot be good! Fried my amp. (Gut pics inside)

IDK what your problem ended up being, but it really looks like you are just in a big hurry and cutting any corner you can. This isnt really related to your thread, but take your time brother.
It was due to mounting the amp on the enclosure that doesnt have any bracing internally. Regardless, it was my fault obviousl... and part Soundstreams fault... i talked to spooney about this. He said he's fixed a few Rubicons that all faulted due to vibrations. It's all trial and error bro... From now on i'll take as much time as i need to do the job right.

Not really part their fault at all, and get off of the whole internal bracing thing. You have one 12..
My previous amps I had never had a single issue period. I have never sent one into protection before, no matter how hard i've pushed them never once have i had an issue. I used to have two 15's in my honda and i mounted previous amp to the enclosure and still never had an issue. I have only upgraded wires and rca's, besides the box i built for my 12. Thats it.

I don't mount to the box simply because I don't want any more holes in the box
Lol that's true. I'm going to build another box eventually, I want to build one for two 12's, but idk how i'm going to make it fit. I have very little trunk left as it is.

When i opened up my amp and checced it out i saw that wet soda looking liquid on some of it. Honestly idk how it could have, the sub is facing trunk lid and box is all the way bacc against the bacc seat and the amp was mounted on the bacc of it. Oh and by the way i took out the bacc seat to clean up my wires and ****, and just left em out of my car
Looked like what a capacitor looks like when it gets to hot and pops , it spews that liquid like that

Looked like what a capacitor looks like when it gets to hot and pops , it spews that liquid like that
It is definitely not good inside my amp, thats for sure. I looked around for someone locally to repair it but have not had any lucc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.