Thinking of buying an alpine type r unless someone can steer me in a better direction

elijah738

Ok. So I bought a car and with it came two mtx tr55s and a boss amp. (subs are 800 rms and 1600 peak, amp is chaos 1700 watt peak and 800 rms) the setup is very loud but its not clean at all. I thought I would sell the setup and buy an alpine type r unless someone has any better suggestions. I would like a clean crisp sound over anything.

the alpine is definately clean and crisp sounding! i had the latest generation type r's , the SWR-10D4 and i actually miss those subs. they were awesome i had it running off a crescendo BC2k in a custom made box

I believe there's a pair of IDQ 10's in the classifieds for cheap. Also a pair of JBL Power 12's for 175 shipped. Either are great SQL. I'd try getting rid of the Boss amp and put the MTX's in a custom box and you might be happy...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.