Theft Insurance

TD89
10+ year member

East TN
Right now I use Geico auto insurance and they include all car audio stuff under comprehensive coverage. So if my system gets taken its included under comprehensive so i have to pay the full deductible. My deductible is $800 if I'm not mistaken, so it'd still cost alot if my stuff gets stolen. Yes, I bumb responsibly and am looking into an alarm but I just want that piece of mind.

What insurance do you guys use and how does it cover your car audio equipment? Does it cost you extra to cover your car audio? It'd be nice to have an extra aftermarket equipment insurance policy with a low deductible to cover the car audio, but I'm not sure whats out there. It also might be a good idea to look into how much extra per month it costs to lower my deductible.

So please let me know what kind of insurance policies you guys have set up, and if theres anything else I shoud be thinking about.

i pay for extra coverage.. like an extra $4 a month or some ****... Im not sure if i would have to pay my deductible or not.. but that is only $250 anyway..

i pay for extra coverage.. like an extra $4 a month or some ****... Im not sure if i would have to pay my deductible or not.. but that is only $250 anyway..
What insurance company do you use?

I use ING and they charge me like 8 dollar and some odd cents to cover my system.

But Will not cover it unless I have an alarm.

My deductible is 100 dollars so no big deal if they jack me.

i had state farm insurance on my truck. basically take pictures and keep reciepts and had liability + anti theft and window breakage with a 0$ deductible for like 15$ more a month. never used the theft but my window had a huge crack in it and it was replaced for nothing. the guys who replaced it even came to my house and did it there.

i had state farm insurance on my truck. basically take pictures and keep reciepts and had liability + anti theft and window breakage with a 0$ deductible for like 15$ more a month. never used the theft but my window had a huge crack in it and it was replaced for nothing. the guys who replaced it even came to my house and did it there.
That looks like about what I want right there, I'd go for a small deductible as long the monthly payment is less. Right now I'm in high school and my car is at my house most of the time and it would be covered under home owners insurance. In college, things will be alot different and I think my audio stuff is much more likely to get stolen. I definately want to get an alarm before i head off to college.

Doesnt audio stuff comes under comprehensive coverage? And I believe you have to pay for higher coverage as well. There are some insurance comapanies that does have like $1000 standard but anything over that is coming out your pocket. As least that's what I've been told.

Doesnt audio stuff comes under comprehensive coverage? And I believe you have to pay for higher coverage as well. There are some insurance comapanies that does have like $1000 standard but anything over that is coming out your pocket. As least that's what I've been told.
Right now mine falls under comprehensive but my comprehensive deductible is way too high right now for audio stuff. I don't too have room to complain or even do something about it though, my parents pay for my insurance right now and I'm lucky just to have it. They set a high deductible with the intentions of not paying for anything ever again if i mess up and get in an accident, which is fair enough really.

Why is the alarm always last on peoples list?
Alarms are always good to have but alot of the time the system ends up getting taken regardless. It might discourage a novice theif, but someone that does it alot and is fast it may not. My cousin got his system stolen twice with an alarm with a pager (he never could get to it in time) and he got frustrated and bolted everything down real good and they coudlnt get it out so they messed up his whole car and left it.

My idea about it is to mainly keep everything out of view and be careful where I bumb. I need to get an alarm to keep away novice theives but other than that if someone knows what I have and is determined to get it they are most likely going to get it sooner or later so I just want the right insurance in case all else fails.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TD89

10+ year member
TD89
East TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from