the_franchise, possible problems with

ctmike
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ct.
the_franchise posted amp for sale and contacted him for price. He pm'd me sat, 14july, with price and paypal address. Payment was made less than 30min after receiving his pm, and since then no communication even though he has been on almost daily. Hoping he sees this since he won't respond to pm's. So as of now beware of this guy, will update and also post more detailed dates/times of attempts to get hold of him shortly

IF ANYONE HAS A WAY OF CONTACTING HIM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

sat, 14july - the_franchise pm'd me price for amp and his paypal address at 5:53pm

sat, 14july - I made instant paypal payment for amount asked and paypal confirms payment made approx. 6:22pm

sat, 14july - pm'd him stating payment has been made.

sun, 15july - pm the_franchise again with corrected address cause paypal seems to convert back to my old address. This was at 7:17pm, still no word from him even though he had been on since payment been made

Today, 19july - pm'd him again at 4:21pm to check on status of the amp as I've heard nothing from him even though he had logged on everyday since payment has been made.

Today I check his page again at 8:07pm and see he had been logged on 15min prior. Still no word from him, I send another pm requesting amp or full refund of payment.

Now I understand people get busy, have jobs, families, etc so that is why I didn't start this thread earlier, but to post an item for sale, and make no contact with buyer in almost a week even when clearly logging on is pretty ****** of a person. So until I hear from him I will keep bumping this and posting in all his threads until this is cleared up and will be filing with paypal ASAP. So if seeing this, get back to me ASAP the_franchise

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Will try to link thread again, bit at work and on phone and haven't been able to do it yet

[quote name='quackhead']@whitedragon551[/QUOTE]

What the fuck do you think Im going to do about this? Its not my job to watch deals and make sure they go as planned. Its my job to listen to the story and ban the scammer.

ctmike made the mistake of not asking the_franchise to ship first. ctmike has more feedback, the_franchise has none.

What the fuck do you think Im going to do about this? Its not my job to watch deals and make sure they go as planned. Its my job to listen to the story and ban the scammer.
ctmike made the mistake of not asking the_franchise to ship first. ctmike has more feedback, the_franchise has none.
Whoa Hoss, ..... I simply linked you to the thread in case there was any advice you had to offer the OP.

Whoa Hoss, ..... I simply linked you to the thread in case there was any advice you had to offer the OP.
My advice is to read the classified rules. The OP has been around since 2006. He should know by now to get every contact possible for a sale thread and verify them before making the deal.

I did everything I could, searched his name and only thing negative was that he was busy and sometimes slow to responding but comes through, searched his name on Google and other sites and didn't find anything, and see he is verified on paypal for several years. I have made several purchases here, and sales, and not once did the person selling, whether me or another, ship first and I have never had a problem. Not here, ecoustics, caf, or any other forum I have made deals on, so to say this was my fault is totally wrong. Idk if seller shipping first is a new thing as I haven't been on here in a few years but have never done that, and he has been here just as long as I have. So imo the only person in the wrong here is him.

did you have the required net worth and liquid assets?

Yes, payment was made through paypal linked through an account with more than enough funds (if that is what was meant)

UPDATE just received pm from the_franchise stating amp was sent through FedEx and hasn't been on much due to working nights. While I know he has had the time to log on numerous times, will update this thread or ask a mod to delete it when amp is received and will start a new feedback thread, or keep this one

could be possible that he is using a phone. not all phones are the same, as far as using the site. pm notification/pics are java, and some phones can't hack it well. i know it is near impossible for me to view a java pic on my htc windows phone. lately, i cannot even log in via phone. iirc, when i was able to, i was waiting to get to my laptop to even open pm's and other notifications. just interjecting an impartial thought. i do not claim to know what is going on.

You guys are funny! I sent a pm with the tracking number like I said I would. I did log on several times between the time he paid and the time I shipped because he wanted me to ship to an address different from that listed on his paypal address. However, I couldn't access the pm from my phone. Sorry I have T-Mobile! Secondly, I work at night and I can't just take off to ship something. I'm not fotunate enough to have a salaried job where I can go and come as I please. I was trying to get some O.T. and didn't have time to get on here everyday. I have never scammed anyone. I have gotten scammed so I do understand the concern, but that doesn't matter. Like I said, item sent as described with tracking number. You should have it by Tuesday. Since you went through all this trouble, I hope you will let everyone know when you get the item...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ctmike

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ctmike
ct.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies