The Truth

The spare tire belongs in the trunk yo.
what spare tires

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

My car had the bose and i used it and the hu for a bout a year and it was crap once i switched it out and gutted the garbage bose speakers..although i didnt expect them to keep up on over 4k
same. I think mine is crapping out big time.

First thing is ask is what you are trying to accomplish with the head unit? Basically if you are trying to play mp3 and your stock only does cd then yes switch it. But if that's not the case, I would simply test the capabilities of your stock and if its good keep it. For the most part, unless they used absolute crap parts, they are all going to reproduce audio the same. The thing that comes into play is the noise and amp out of the unit. So just test it first and go from there. If looks are the first things that matter to you, as it does me, I would not touch my stock setup unless its absolutely necessary. Just my 2cents. Good luck.

First thing is ask is what you are trying to accomplish with the head unit? Basically if you are trying to play mp3 and your stock only does cd then yes switch it. But if that's not the case, I would simply test the capabilities of your stock and if its good keep it. For the most part, unless they used absolute crap parts, they are all going to reproduce audio the same. The thing that comes into play is the noise and amp out of the unit. So just test it first and go from there. If looks are the first things that matter to you, as it does me, I would not touch my stock setup unless its absolutely necessary. Just my 2cents. Good luck.
yes. looks. most defiantly. I've been in between about it. No my stock plays MP3. I don't know what I'm trying to accomplish, I guess better sound.. Stock just looks so much better in my opinion. I wish there were other ways besides line out converters.

Ill put it to ya this way I built my wife's set up which was 2 sundown e15s off a Ed nin.1 and a ppi phantom 900.4 running 4 infinity kappas 1 per channle 180a alt and 2 yellow top batts . The car had a crappy planet audio hu that came with the car. After I got it all installed it had horrid noise issues. I went thru all the grounds moved the rca's everything I could think of and the noise got less horrid but was still there my wife got to where she would not even turn the stereo on due to the noise.

My buddy gave me an old alpine deck so I threw it in and god almighty the difference was amazing so the short answer is the source unit makes a helluva difference.

You could do a jl audio clean sweep?

I have an 11 Impala and took out the crappy bose. I replaced them with the Hertz HSK 163 three way. It sounds WAY better. For a hu with a screen I recommend the Pioneer AVH 8400, that is what I have and it works amazing. Even using bluetooth with my phone all of the song info mirrors to the hu. Good looking and easy to use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chris4627

chris4627
Little Rock, AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
kingjd7