The lowdown on neon legality

XplorerChaser
10+ year member

I have a green neon in my car, and it is under my cd console. It cast a green light on my face when I drive, but besides that it is not visible. Is this legal or not to drive with, and if it is legal, is there anyplace I can get evidence that it is legal in case of a cop pulling me over.

I did not put it there to cast a light on my face, I put it there to just be a cool thing to have to accent my car interior. I only mentioned that it cast a light on my face because that is the only way COPS would be able to know I had a green light inside my car.

Ok, I know that the state of missouri has a website that you can go to, to find out the state laws. I dont know if your state has that or not, but in the state of missouri it is against the law for anyone to drive with any kind of light on ( such as a dome light) while driving. This is on the inside of the car. Now as for neons under the car, no that is not against the law, only certain colors like red and blue. Green I am not sure about. But then again the state of missouri is anal about anything that has to do with modifying of any car. Like for instance, you can not have really dark tint and you have to have a permit of certain shades of tint. But a lot of times they will not bother you about any of it. That is until you have to get you car inspected to get the plates renewed.

Here, they can be on inside as long as the bulb isnt visible. Im sure the cop can be an ******* if you are glowing like you are radio-active. Any any other outside lights other than factory is illegal because it is a driving hinderance.

I think it is all by state, because that is not the way it is in the state of mo. I have been told by one of my friends that works for the greene county sherrifs department. The way that I said it on my above statment is the way it is here. maybe not where you are from though.

Yeah in the state of GA it is illegal to have neons that are the same color or similar color as emergency vehicles. Blue, White, or Red... im not sure about yellow but i wouldn't push it.

Here in Kansas any color is legal in city limits while driving as long as the bulb its self is not showing. Yes even blue and Red is legal as long as the bulb is not seen from a frontal position I.E. seen from a rear-view mirror. as long as bulbs are hidden any color is legal here.

I have a green neon in my car, and it is under my cd console. It cast a green light on my face when I drive, but besides that it is not visible. Is this legal or not to drive with, and if it is legal, is there anyplace I can get evidence that it is legal in case of a cop pulling me over.
Your local police department should be able to give you all of the information you are looking for.

I suggest this because I've heard that some certain municipalities laws differ from others.

- Steve

Here in the wonderful communist wealth of Virginia. Any visable light other than factory installed lights from your vehicle is considered a distraction and is considered illegal.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XplorerChaser

10+ year member
XplorerChaser
Chi Town, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from