The installation that could have been

Belgarion
10+ year member

Well, it just goes to show you.... life sometimes smiles at you, then kicks you in the groin....

After months of research, I finally ordered everything I needed to build my system... and I now have all of it here, delivered.

----- System -----

Alpine CDA-9815 (already installed)

CDT CL-61a 6.5" comps

US Acoustics USX-4085 85W x 4 amp

ED 12O.44 sub

Avionixx 800.2 sub amp

----- install parts -----

16 ft 0 AWG POWER wire, red

5 ft 4 AWG POWER wire, red & silver

5 ft 4 AWG GRND wire, blk & silver

5 ft 8 AWG POWER wire, red

5 ft 8 AWG GRND wire, black

25 ft 12 AWG speaker wire, blue

2 sets of StreetWires LN250 Low Noise RCAs

Audiopipe inline ANL fuse holder

150 amp ANL fuse

Stinger 4/8 AWG MIDI Water Resist. Fuse Holder

Stinger 100 Amp MIDI Fuses

KnuKonceptz dis.blk,0AWG to 4-4/8AWG

0 AWG crimpless ring trmnls, 2 per pkg

4 AWG crimpless ring trmnls, 2 per pkg

8 AWG crimpless ring trmnls, 1 per pkg (qty 2)

Stinger 4 Gauge Barrier Spades (2-red,2-blk)

Stinger 8 Gauge Barrier Spades (2-red,2-blk)

Stinger Extra Long GM Battery Terminal

Stinger HPM 12 Gauge Female Speaker Terminals

Was planning on starting my install this weekend..... then, on my way to work Monday, I get T-boned by some kid in a pickup!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif Bent the rear axle.... crushed the passenger door.... just a mess.... and, the cop writes me a citation for "failure to use care turning"!!!

Well, looks like my setup will be going into something other than a Saturn! Because, as soon as this car is fixed, I am going to trade it in for a used car that is slightly bigger...

Thanks everyone....

Looking at getting a different vehicle now, since the insurance company will only fix the Saturn, and not total it.... can't see keeping it since the axle will be replaced, and the frame can't be the same...

Looks like my new setup will find a home in another car, which may be a blessing in disquise.... a bigger car with a V6 might be nice! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hey, atleast youre OK, thats what counts. I somehow came out unscratched from my only wreck when some kid ran a light doing 55 mph (in a 35) and T-boned me in my old 92 carolla. I was pissed at the time, but i keep saying to myself im lucky i wasnt hurt. You can always replace material possesions, but not lives.

and pontiac grand prix GTP's are the schyt!!!

Yeah, I am definately counting my blessings.... I could have gotten pretty messed up! And, to make matters worse at the time, the cop writes me a citation for "failure to use care while turning", even though the kid who T-boned me was speeding! And he tells me he does not believe speeding was a factor since "there are no skid marks"... ummm, ever hear of ABS? You //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif .....

I just talked to my local audio shop, and he is going to build me a custom box for the Ed 12O (dual sealed, in case I want to add a second 12O later), and he is going to do the install..... I'll post pics when it is done! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, I am definately counting my blessings.... I could have gotten pretty messed up! And, to make matters worse at the time, the cop writes me a citation for "failure to use care while turning", even though the kid who T-boned me was speeding! And he tells me he does not believe speeding was a factor since "there are no skid marks"... ummm, ever hear of ABS? You //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif .....
Ok.... you could have easily been killed and the cop writes you a ticket????? HOW STUPID. Your taxes go to pay his/her pay check and this is how he/she thanks you. Well at least your not damaged. Oh and excellent choice on the gtp :thumbs_up

When the cop handed me the citation, I just stood there with my jaw hanging! I finally was able to say "you are citing me for WHAT exactly???"!!!

The best part is, I refused to pay the ticket and demanded a hearing.... then I went to the police station and got a copy of the cop's incident report. He actually put in his report that "speed was not a factor, no skid marks found"!!! Man, is he going to look like a moron when I show up at the hearing with a copy of the pickups standard features, which include ABS!!! :ready_to_

And the GTP is going to sound sweet with this setup!

When the cop handed me the citation, I just stood there with my jaw hanging! I finally was able to say "you are citing me for WHAT exactly???"!!!
The best part is, I refused to pay the ticket and demanded a hearing.... then I went to the police station and got a copy of the cop's incident report. He actually put in his report that "speed was not a factor, no skid marks found"!!! Man, is he going to look like a moron when I show up at the hearing with a copy of the pickups standard features, which include ABS!!! :ready_to_

And the GTP is going to sound sweet with this setup!
You wonder why so many cops are murdered each year. Doing stupid stuff like that is rediculus. As far as police go im not a big fan.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.