The H.I.D. Thread

sweet as hell but will you be able to fit the extra ballasts. thats the only thing i wish was that you could add them on without having to install more ballasts
ya, im gonna have to get creative with where i put them.

Could you post some pics of them installed? I have a 1989 montero and want to see how they look in the housing.
Sure! give me your email and I will send you all the process pictures and materials that you need for retrofit!

Or wait for tonight and I will post the pictures link...

how hard was it to install a set of hids into a car that doesnt have hids to begin with? I like the look but im not all about tear my steering column to get to some wires.
very easy to install most kits are plug and play and its literally 2 spots where you plug in the hardest part is finding a good spot to mount the ballast!

i already have 6k lows. should i stick with the same for fogs? how you guys think it would look with like 6k lows and 8k fogs?
6k lows and fogs.

2hdcig1.jpg

I think most kits are the 35 watt models if im correct. Does anyone have a 55 watt model that has about 30-40% more lumes over standard HIDs?Id like to see the difference
Ive had both 35 watt and 55 watt. But I only did 55 watt cause I smoked my headlights. But my 10000k 55 watts are brighter then my 8000k 35 watts in my smoked headlights

is it true that you get no dimming with HIDs?
so far i have found this true. i have had my HID's installed on 2 setups and right now i'm running near 3500w and i get absolutely no dimming on the head lights. my tail lights dim though. the only downside i have found is my hid kit is ripping my voltage.

8K 9007's Hi and Low. They work great, but I di-like the short dim when going to HI.

Kit is a Q Lighting.

Fogs will be next but the Dak uses an 894 on the fogs so I have to change them out to a more standard bulb first.

l_c54246354bee32eb4e0395dda4415f7c.jpg

l_7047a3196de886f909cee1255091e07b.jpg

l_0fef1f0faa96395779cca5eb857f4c2b.jpg

Same Kit But lows only and fogs.

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.