Testing to see if faceplate works?

flatlander4510
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok...to make a long story short, I bought a refurbished pioneer deh-p750mp off ebay and it doesnt work (doesnt power on). I tried to return it but the seller has a fake address or something and it isnt under warranty because I bought it from ebay.

So, how can I test the faceplate to see if it works? Because if it does I could sell it. If not i'll have to sell it as totally not working.

Thanks guys (and gals),

-Harrison

Just sell it on ebay as working, get your money back and screw someone over just like you got screwed over. That's what ebay is for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

J/K

Seriously though, have you looked into why it doesn't work?? A shop would only charge $25 to look at the whole unit for you and tell you what it would take to fix it. You never know, it could be as easy as a loose connection.

First thing you should do is to file a Paypal, and/or Ebay fraud claim. This way you'll at least get your money back. As for testing it, find another Pioneer deck with a connector similar to the one of your deck, and pop on the face. It won't be the same model, I know, but It will probably work. I did this a while ago testing decks, and a P5200 face fit on an 8200R body, and a cassete deck face fit on the P5200 body. Try your local radio shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.