Test Tones

Download Me
66 tones @ 256 kbps in a 943 kilobyte package ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

ROE - 32 tones @ 192 kbps totalling 34 MB and some of which aren't 0 dB (the 33 Hz tone is -1 dB, for example) ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
thanks btw for catching that. i checked it in protools and it is indeed -1dB. it's been fixed now. anyways, yes the compression is a bit low because most of the tones are 1:00 in length since a lot of people ask me for tones greater than the normal 5-10sec most sites offer.

true, they are audible but most likely aren't a 0db. i've run a frequency response test on compressed mp3 however my analyzer stops at 43hz. i've put a 43hz 192kbps compressed file through it and it did read 0db at 43hz. anyways my main reason for compressing them is to save bandwidth, especially with the old server i was on. now being a new server, i can offer a choice of compressed or uncompressed files. i'll try to offer that for all the tones when i get time. as for me, i personnally use wav or aiff file types when playing test tones. thanks for pointing it out btw!

for tones in the 43hz - 17khz, yes. mp3 compression does filter out frequencies that are unaubile. i've done a frequency response test for a 20hz-20khz sweep and at around 17khz, there's cutoff. however, as mentioned above, for some reason my analyzer stops at 43hz. but when i play 20hz 192 compressed file, the vu meters are reading 0db.

btw, some files weren't created at 0db. the defualt setting for my generator is -1db to prevent clipping. i can adjust the gain/trim to make it 0db but i forget to do it sometimes. if you do find files that are not 0db. let me know and i will fix it.

for tones in the 43hz - 17khz, yes. mp3 compression does filter out frequencies that are unaubile. i've done a frequency response test for a 20hz-20khz sweep and at around 17khz, there's cutoff. however, as mentioned above, for some reason my analyzer stops at 43hz. but when i play 20hz 192 compressed file, the vu meters are reading 0db.
btw, some files weren't created at 0db. the defualt setting for my generator is -1db to prevent clipping. i can adjust the gain/trim to make it 0db but i forget to do it sometimes. if you do find files that are not 0db. let me know and i will fix it.
so the 50Hz one isnt really 50Hz @ 0db?.....i need it to set the gains on my sub amp....and i have no idea how to check if it really is 50hz @ 0db

if u could up a .wav file that is truly 50Hz @ 0db i'll take just that one

so the 50Hz one isnt really 50Hz @ 0db?.....i need it to set the gains on my sub amp....and i have no idea how to check if it really is 50hz @ 0db
if u could up a .wav file that is truly 50Hz @ 0db i'll take just that one
the 50hz is at 0db. i verified them both in protools and audition. i can post the sine wave if needed. i just got back from work so i haven't checked all the test tones. if you are uncertain witht the test tones on roe, d/l the ones that jmac created. you can simply loop the tone you need if they need them to be longer than what they are.

if you still need a .wav version. let me know.

its cool...jmac's will be fine for me...i thought when u guys were talkin bout the tones bein off u were talkin bout the ones jmac posted....i jus got a lil confused thats all....thanx for clearin stuff up guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.