Tc sounds setup

bro id just get 15's or 12's if i where you, with 15's you'll have so much more cone area and you can get more than 2 and have more power. You wont have as much air being pushed through as the 18's but you'll have less power current moving through as well which will probably help with your voltage if you get two 15's instead of 18's. I just think 18's are to big, what if you end up buying another car, not many cars will take an 18, unless you go with an suv.

WOW.. That could be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read..... you sir are a moron and we are all dumber for having read your post.. please ... PLEASE kill yourself

x2

So I just got the big 3 done with my 300 amp alternator, and am looking to go with a tc sounds setup. Want really low bass, so thinking lms, budget on subs and amp is about 2500. Have about 15 cu ft to work with net.
Just looking for anyone who knows from experience how their different subs compare to each other and how much power I'd need. Thanks!
OP,

I will answer you this way. I don't have experiance with a wide range of TC drivers as do some of the guys here like Ciaonzo, but I do have a 12" LMS 4000 that I put 1500w to and all I can say is wow. I was more impressed with the LMS 4000 than I was with my Critical Mass UL12 (which is a great sub!) The LMS simply seamed to play lower with less effort and definately with more clarity. I was so impressed with it, that I am having Matt (bumpinbuick) build me 2 15" top assemblies with LMS coils, and I have have purchased another 4000 motor. I am going to be running them off a SAZ 4500, not maxed out as I love headroom. So at the end of the day, I am planning on tuning ~20hz and putting ~1500 clean watts to each sub. I can only imagine how eargasmic triple the cone area and double the power will be, because the single 12 was pretty **** impressive.

I see that there have been recomendations of 2-18" and 5000+ watts, yada, yada, yada. I guess I am saying talk is cheap, and guys talk alot. would 2-18's and 5000w be impressive, hell yea. but the LMS ultras are big dollars, and you would need them to put 5kw+ to. Would it be that much more impressive than the 4000's (alot cheaper) I personally don't think so for the money, but if money is no object, I would also do the ultras.

Just my $0.02 worth.

-01limited- will back me up on this.
Fi makes the best subs.
I'm not going to say they're the worst out there, but theres more than just fi at the top. I agree though that it wouldnt be a bad choice, but neither would a dc or a sundown, or a little cheaper you have mach 5. Theres plenty of reputable sub companies out there.

OP,
I will answer you this way. I don't have experiance with a wide range of TC drivers as do some of the guys here like Ciaonzo, but I do have a 12" LMS 4000 that I put 1500w to and all I can say is wow. I was more impressed with the LMS 4000 than I was with my Critical Mass UL12 (which is a great sub!) The LMS simply seamed to play lower with less effort and definately with more clarity. I was so impressed with it, that I am having Matt (bumpinbuick) build me 2 15" top assemblies with LMS coils, and I have have purchased another 4000 motor. I am going to be running them off a SAZ 4500, not maxed out as I love headroom. So at the end of the day, I am planning on tuning ~20hz and putting ~1500 clean watts to each sub. I can only imagine how eargasmic triple the cone area and double the power will be, because the single 12 was pretty **** impressive.

I see that there have been recomendations of 2-18" and 5000+ watts, yada, yada, yada. I guess I am saying talk is cheap, and guys talk alot. would 2-18's and 5000w be impressive, hell yea. but the LMS ultras are big dollars, and you would need them to put 5kw+ to. Would it be that much more impressive than the 4000's (alot cheaper) I personally don't think so for the money, but if money is no object, I would also do the ultras.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Ya I definitely need to get into some tc sounds stuff. I've considered going with the 4 lms-r route that would possibly outperform the ultras for cheaper, but i've wanted the ultras for a while now. From everything i have seen and read they are the best for quality low bass. Some say the model out worse than say an exodus or a warden or some other similar drivers, but i dont trust those completely. If i dont get them i'll always wonder.

thanks Kmanian, but do you think 3000w to each ultra would be enough to satisfy them? And off of a 300amp alt?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.