tc sounds epic 8/other beefy 8" sub questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

traksta15
10+ year member

I love lamp.
Im in the market for a sub and im wanting something that works well in a small box since it's going under the seat of my 03 silverado ex cab. Im wanting a beefy 8 or 10, id prefer an 8 though. Subs ive been looking at:

tc sounds epic 8

sundown sa-8

soundplinter rli-8 (prob the one i want the most but they're very hard to find)

dc lvl2 8 (not a lot of info on this one yet)

anything else you guys can suggest along these lines

I currently have an eclipse 8708 in a small sealed 0.3 ft^3 box off a rockford 50.1 (thats not hooked up) but im wanting something beefier so I can feed it more power when i buy a bigger amp.

Id prefer to stay sealed just for ease of installation, and if I can used my current 0.3 box thatd be even better.

What all can you tell me about the tc sounds epic 8? Ive heard they're similiar to the rli-8? like they share the same motor or something along those lines. What can you guys suggest for me? What do yall have for sale? Thanks in advance guys!!!

rli and epic 8 are same subsyour forgetting the DD1508 they like sealed and if you get supercharge option they are the strongest 8's I know of.
i thought dd's hated sealed? One of their reps at sema told me you loose approx 60% of their subs output when you go sealed?

So what's different about the rli and epic 8? different parts? Motors?

Even though his little video clip is funny as hell, he is as far from correct as possible regarding the DD subwoofer. Forget manufacturer recommendations, it comes purely down to TS parameters. You'd be more likely to be hit by lightning WHILE being attacked by a chihuahua that was being eaten by a great white in Antarctica than to come across an instance where a 1508 is better to put in a sealed box than to just not put a sub in the vehicle at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.