TC Sounds 5150 18's (2 of 2)

SoCalBean420
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
Item(s) for Sale: Someone will be lucky to own these beautiful and brutal radial monsters! Will only disclose the actual tsps with the buyer. The coil set up is dual 1.4, with dual tinsel leads and terminals. When I get the chance, I'll add additional info.

Item(s) Description/Condition: Motors are used, top assemblies are bnib.

Price: $2100 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Might need these for my next home theater build. Whats the difference between the 5150 and the 5100?
Main difference between the 5100 and 5150 is the following..

The 5150 uses a 2" aluminum coil, three spider pack, two sets sewn tinsel leads, two sets of terminals so top assemblies appear to be quad coil. These simple but very effective changes dramatically raise the bar from an already potent driver that the 5100 is. There is over 150 newtons of difference between the two as well, 460 vs 300. The 5150 also has a much higher power handling and sensitivity.

The 5150 uses a 2" aluminum coil, three spider pack, two sets sewn tinsel leads, two sets of terminals so top assemblies appear to be quad coil. These simple but very effective changes dramatically raise the bar from an already potent driver that the 5100 is. There is over 150 newtons of difference between the two as well, 460 vs 300. The 5150 also has a much higher power handling and sensitivity.
Received a question about the actual size of the coil. It's a 4" diameter stainless steel former, aluminum windings with a height of 2" and impedance of d1.4

The standard 5100 utilizes a copper coil with a wh of 1.5" and impedance of d2.

Only one of these is needed for a killer set-up, just imagine both. Open to parting out the set.

whats the difference between these and the 5200s? I heard the 5200s live and they were straight up beyond ridiculous on only a bridged 4 channel amp around 200 watts a sub still doing hair tricks.

whats the difference between these and the 5200s? I heard the 5200s live and they were straight up beyond ridiculous on only a bridged 4 channel amp around 200 watts a sub still doing hair tricks.
Yes 5200s are beastly for sure. If you were impressed by the output on such low power, then you'll be floored by what the 5150s are capable of. What the 5200 does on 5k, the 5150 will do at 2k or less and have more output. These will excel in a 6th order.

Some of the differences..

5200 ferrite magnet, overhung topology, 8 layer coil.

5150 neo radial magnet, underhung topology, 4 layer coil.

Check out the gap on those motors. Is it as narrow as the pics make it look?
When I get the chance, I'll post a picture of the gap. It's much wider and deeper than the previous generation motor (beehive, aura 1808). If there's any interest I can link a video of a couple of older gen drivers doing work with 1k total power.

Hey Bro,

Are these still available?  Would they play nice with 12x TC5100s loaded into Josh Ricci’s OThorn design.  Putting together a PA system... hmu if we can work something out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.