TC LMS-4000>tc-3000

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/custom_car_audio_boxes/custom_car_audio_boxes.htmhttp://www.termpro.com/articles/subwoof.html

http://www.ht-audio.com/basics.htm

http://www.members.shaw.ca/LoudSpeakerBuilder.ca/thiele-small.html

when you tune a box....you need to use the Fs to figure out where it's best to tune at since the Fs is the freq the woofer plays the best at free air. in a vented enclosure, playing freq BELOW the Fs will make it react as if in free air....

...so how is that NOT related when you tune your vented box to PEAK BELOW the Fs? asshat...... no wonder it fugged up the sub twice in a row. im not saying anythign bad about baseballfan since we all make mistakes...but you're wrong nG....

read up dingus
Fs is the impedance peak... The tuning changes the impedance peak...

"Driver free air resonance, in Hz. This is the point at which driver impedance is maximum. "This parameter is the free-air resonant frequency of a speaker. Simply stated, it is the point at which the weight of the moving parts of the speaker becomes balanced with the force of the speaker suspension when in motion. If you've ever seen a piece of string start humming uncontrollably in the wind, you have seen the effect of reaching a resonant frequency. It is important to know this information so that you can prevent your enclosure from 'ringing'. With a loudspeaker, the mass of the moving parts, and the stiffness of the suspension (surround and spider) are the key elements that affect the resonant frequency. As a general rule of thumb, a lower Fs indicates a woofer that would be better for low-frequency reproduction than a woofer with a higher Fs. This is not always the case though, because other parameters affect the ultimate performance as well.""

Buy a fucking box program that isn't a piece of **** and you will see what I'm talking about when you change the tuning..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lms= equal power on a linear stroke which would mean more powa sucka
Serious?

LMS is how the voice coil wire is wrapped. Thicker on the top, middle, and bottom. This gives the VC/motor more control over the cone's movement towards the limit of excursion.

Has nothing to do with power handling.

Serious?
LMS is how the voice coil wire is wrapped. Thicker on the top, middle, and bottom. This gives the VC/motor more control over the cone's movement towards the limit of excursion.

Has nothing to do with power handling.
Yea.... I was going to comment on that one but didn't get a chance to because too many asshats....

so ur still telling me these 2 terms,the Fs and the port tuning freq, are NOT related when the a subwoofer unloads in a givein situation with the Fs higher than the tuning freq? they are related mang....

so ur still telling me these 2 terms,the Fs and the port tuning freq, are NOT related when the a subwoofer unloads in a givein situation with the Fs higher than the tuning freq? they are related mang....
Well what causes a driver to "unload" is playing below the resonate frequency of the box, where the excursion for the sustained note at a particular power lever is greater than the driver can handle. In fact, Fs sort of works against this to almost prevent unloading from happening. Because after the Fs you have a hard drop in impedance (and this is going from High to low on the frequency chart). But usually the lowest point of excursion is at the tuning frequency, which is also usually the lowest impedance, so you can't unload at the tuning frequency. After that the impedance rises which means less power, which means less chance of "unloading" your driver. However, a poorly designed box will "unload" on it's self all the time, because of wrong tuning or too much port......

I just wanted to start yelling idiots on sum of this stuff.

All I will say is in a ported box the woofer will "Unload" as you call it below the F3 of the said box. Not the FS of given voooferz.

i just felt like talking **** to nG. glad you guys could address what unloading actually is and get a good kick flaming me in the process. i was lazy and didnt really research what i was talking as in depthly as i should have, i partially (not fully) blame the margaretta specials at chillis an hour or so before hand. i just felt the need to call nG a hobbit, short bastid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif for the rest of you i appologize. nG, lick meh balls

I think it's funny when I bother people on the internets...
It's quite amusing.

nG
It is quite amusing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

baseballfan698

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
baseballfan698
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date