tc 5200

Well i tried about 4.2 with an 8" sono with flares on it. Probably the loudest on the lowend so far but i switched it again today and have it at 3.75 with a slot and will listen to it on my drive to work tomorrow.

Didnt like the slot port as much as the sono so i took it back out. If i could make the box a little shorter and maybe cut off a fee inches of the rear deck i think it would work better. Sub fires up into the shell and sub is only 2.25" away from the top so i think its too close.

Turned my shell into a box for the tsns 15 so ill see how i like that tomorrow.

Kids cant ride in the front yet. Gotta keep it in the trunk.

I think im going to go back to just everything firing forward with the 5200 if i dont like how the tsns is.

Build another box a few weeks ago. Got the sub firing forward and 2 6" aeros firing sideways into a 6.5" wide slot.

Dropped the amp down to .3 also for daily.

Highest score with last boxes was a 144.x at 32hz i think it was?

New box i got up to 148.4 at 30hz.

Also got a 139.x or 140 at 19hz.

Still looking for an 8" aero to try in place of the 2 6".

Last goal was a 145 from the trunk and i finally got it in the civic, gonna try for 150 under 30hz now

I would go with a 10in port, but the length needed to tune low might be a limiting factor.

Some plumbing supply places will sell 10in pvc by the foot, but it still gets a lil pricey, but you can flare it on your own.

How much power are you running to it? I usually build my boxes on the large side because of imp rise, so I try to make up for it with an efficient box

Ya if i used a 10" it would definately be too long to get it even close to a tuning i would like, but ive definately thought about it.

Im guessing im putting close to 3000 to it running the m3a at .3

Im pretty happy with it how it is now and i think if i raised my tuning just a few hz id get the 150 im looking for but i like it peaking at 30hz.

I need to find another 5200 motor or trf motor so i can finally run 2 15's in the trunk and be done with it for a few months.

I was running two custom 4hp 15s in my car for a while. 3 cubes each, port was too small(like 11ish sqin percube) but it was amazing low end and sounded great.

***** about the top assembly. Have you thought about making some custom recones?

Ya id like to get another 5200 motor and build 2 15's out of those, but that would cost probably atleast $750 for another motor and 2 recones and baskets.

Im going to put the 18 back together probably next week when the kit gets here and maybe try to get rid of it for some 15's.

Ill post a pic of the kit i bought when i get on my laptop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mazdakid

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
mazdakid
illnoise
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date