TC 4HP Motor machined to fit the monster 8 layer coil. Candy Blue Ti top.

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
Item(s) for Sale:

Best sub I've ever owned. 3rd 4hp motor sub I've ever owned, love these.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Tensile lead snapped, the way it's glued will make it hard to repair. **** it, up for sale. Coil is fine. Surround has a bunch of tears but was repair with a ton of goop. The surround glue repair job actually outlasted the tensiles in the long run.

Motor it a little dirty on the bottom but the magnet are aligned and it plays like a dream when working. Motor is NOT threaded, but it does fit the boy boy coil.

Funny story about the 8 layer coil. Over a year ago my sub/amp popped and turned off. I turn the car off, turned it back on, and it kept playing. The sub seemed a little bit less loud but I hadnt time to **** with it and just let it ride. Fast forward to this week when I pull out the woofer. THE TENSILE LEADS BROKE ON ONE COIL LAST YEAR, AND PLAYED LONG DAILY COMMUTES FOR A YEAR OFF 3KW!!!! Every sub I've ever had with a busted tensile the coil would eventually fry, and that was always with like 2kw ish power when this happened to me. This 8 layer coil took over a year of 3kw with the lead out and didnt even get discolored. Holy ****.

Price:

Would like $300 for the motor and top. Top has a few marks but overall is in great glossy shape.

Prefer local to Tampa, FL.

I will be in South FL by Davie this weekend. If you get your **** together in time we can work out a deal and I can meet you down there.

text 813-310-1589 for fastest response.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

local preferred, but will ship if the buyer pays all expenses.

Item Pictures:

unfortunately not. and shipping from FL to CA without the basket is about $90. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

You can ship that motor in a "flat rate" priority mail box anywhere in the USA for about 25$ fully insured FYI.
The clearance between the walls of that large flat rate and the motor are very slim...so slim that the amount of protective packaging to go in there would be minimal. You know how heavy this thing is, it needs at the very least a sturdy piece of wood to sit at the bottom to distribute the weight, ideally one on the top too because itll be flopping around throughout it's journey. I foresee that being a gamble with the life of this very unique motor.

Have any of you personally flat rate shipped a 4hp? please discuss

The clearance between the walls of that large flat rate and the motor are very slim...so slim that the amount of protective packaging to go in there would be minimal. You know how heavy this thing is, it needs at the very least a sturdy piece of wood to sit at the bottom to distribute the weight, ideally one on the top too because itll be flopping around throughout it's journey. I foresee that being a gamble with the life of this very unique motor.
Have any of you personally flat rate shipped a 4hp? please discuss
I've had over 30 small gap sig motors shipped to me and shipped by me plus one 4hp motor. Sig motors are around 20 pounds heavier due to the much larger top plate and smaller pole vent and allow even less padding since they're within half a pound of the 70 pound USPS weight limit. Scrap cardboard offers good padding with a few layers, adds little weight, and you can get it from cutting up old boxes that are easy enough to gather. Carving up some pool noodles or similar foam if you have random scraps of packing laying around is also handy but I like cardboard for motors.

Boxes will sag and stretch a bit so use plenty of tape, tape with reinforcing fibers is best. The kind that you have to wet is the best, though you can buy rolls of clear tape with little strings in them that will do the job.

Furthermore USPS hand sorts "heavy" packages. I've had far more issues shipping motors and assembled subs bolted into wooden crates through UPS/FedEx than I have had shipping motors through USPS. In fact I haven't had a single issue with USPS flat rate on a motor and only know one person who has. Lastly USPS is very good about honoring insurance claims, while FedEx and UPS do everything they can to weasel out of paying. I'd say you'd have to be very lucky to get compensation out of UPS, FedEx is slightly better. NEVER ship anything you couldn't afford to lose without insurance ever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.