Tailgating Audio Problems

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ninerfan

I'm trying to DIY a tailgating set up to run my TV audio through an old car stereo (not installed). I don't always go in the same vehicle to the games, so I want something portable. The stereo is a Pioneer DEH P-3300 powered by a computer power supply unit (yellow to power, black to ground with the green spliced into the ground). The TV is a 32" Vizio flat panel LED with a headphone jack audio out. The TV audio out is connected to the stereo through headphone jack to the Pioneer IP-BUS input. The speakers are from a Sony HTIB, including the sub-woofer. The TV and the stereo are plugged into a Belkin 1875 watt power strip. The system will be connected to a 750 watt inverter or Honda EU2000. As tested, the system is plugged into a home outlet. My problem, when I connect the set up to my phone or iPod using the "AUX", the sound is clear, no noise. However, when I connect the set up to the TV I get a steady buzz, but only on the "AUX" setting. I changed the speakers, rotated the speakers, and changed the positive/negative to the speakers. I suspect it is a ground loop issue because the buzz is not as loud when I plug the stereo into a three-to-two prong ungrounded adapter. I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas before I nickel and dime myself into oblivion.

There are no RCA outputs. Ground loop is the only thing I can come up with to cause the buzz. I've continued to do some research and I'm convinced that is the problem. I'm going to cave and pick one up tomorrow.

does the tv have red and white rca outputs on the back side - those are usualy for left and right sounds .. maby try using a headphone jack cord to stereo left and right rca pluged to the tv like that and see how it goes ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.