tail light problems on 99 buick regal HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 99 regal and i had a local shop install a sound system (pioneer head unit-pioneer 760 watts-2 coustic 10" subs- stock mids and highs) It was working really good at first but then the dash lights and tail lights went off. I checked all fuses and there was one blown fuse, it was the tail light fuse. I put one new fuse and turned on the lights and it blew it every time i put in a new one.

I know it migth be a that a power wire is touching metal but please help

thank u.

The problem may not lie with your stereo. You have different fuses for you radio and lights. I would get a volt meter, and check to see if one of your wires in your tail lights are grounding out. The next place I would look it in the head unit. You amp should have a direct fuse with the battery, and should not run through your fuse panel. Do this first. Take the ground wire off your amp and install a fuse. If the fuse does not blow then you know it is in the amp wireing or the amp is bad. I know it may be a far fetch chance, but with my last problem I would not count anything out. You will need to get a volt meter and check to make sure nothing is grounding out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.