tablet head unit question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok, I have an amp for my mid and high and my subs.. What way do I need to go to get my tablet connected.. I don't know if my tablet is usb audio out capable so just say I'm using aux.. And the best way to use aux and have decent quality.. Was going to integrate with my factory head unit to Keep factory in place but that would just hamper quality that much more..so I'll cut it out

You can go the quick and dirty way and just get a 3.5mm phono jack to rca adaptor and run the amps daisy chained on the RCA. But to do it proper you would want a DSP to take the signal and be able to set up active crossovers and get the best performance.

I personally use a male to male 3.5mm jack to connect my tablet to my head Unit so I still have everything else and a head unit to handle cross over and fade and what not.

There are a lot of ways to do this. Another option to add to the list is a Bluetooth module with rca cables coming out of it. As long as the tablet has Bluetooth almost all do you can either plug the module directly into your amp and completely bypass your head unit or you can plug it behind your head unit to retain the head unit functionality.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93387_JL-Audio-MBT-RX.html?

if linky doesn't work google JL Audio MBT-RX

There are a lot of ways to do this. Another option to add to the list is a Bluetooth module with rca cables coming out of it. As long as the tablet has Bluetooth almost all do you can either plug the module directly into your amp and completely bypass your head unit or you can plug it behind your head unit to retain the head unit functionality.
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93387_JL-Audio-MBT-RX.html?

if linky doesn't work google JL Audio MBT-RX
i'd get this with a rockford dsr-1 bt. all it needs is one pair of RCA input for a full range signal.

That way you can tune your sh*t on the tablet along with playing music from it. Like a real head unit.

Or you can just install a single din head unit hidden somewhere in the trunk or underneath a seat and just control the volume with the tablet and head unit remote.

i'd get this with a rockford dsr-1 bt. all it needs is one pair of RCA input for a full range signal.
That way you can tune your sh*t on the tablet along with playing music from it. Like a real head unit.

Or you can just install a single din head unit hidden somewhere in the trunk or underneath a seat and just control the volume with the tablet and head unit remote.
Is there something cheaper that don't have all the extra stuff on it? I don't have to have but 2-3 rca outs... And will Bluetooth lower quality that bad? I'm not competing this is my daily so music ..

Is there something cheaper that don't have all the extra stuff on it? I don't have to have but 2-3 rca outs... And will Bluetooth lower quality that bad? I'm not competing this is my daily so music ..
just think about it, you are listening to it every day, do you want sh*t sound? The bluetooth is no issue but you lack audio tuning options that make or break the setup.

An 80 dollar hidden head unit will do everything you need and more aka 24 bit dac, 13 band eq, time alignment, active networks, latests version of bluetooth/aptx for best signal transfer. Just hide it after you done tuning and all you need is just turning the volume up and down.

The source is something you NEVER cheap out on. You can have the most expensive speakers in the the world and it'll sound like complete trash if you dont have a good source. This is not a plug and play like home audio. Car audio has Major obstacles to getting good sound and the biggest way to fix those obstacles is through the install and tune which is not possible by any means if you just have a tablet that does literally nothing for tuning. Yes that includes all those garbage tuning apps you can think of, they all arent worth sh*t.

I know just the tablet to amp wouldsound like ish.. I've got a pioneer bt media player brand new but hiding it I think would be a problem bc of having to connect bbt when I turn my truck on.. I'm not trying to go cheap but throwing 300 at the dsr1 that's intended for something im not trying to do.. I'm really looking for something that will take the rca full range in and have the tuning options... You get what I'm saying?

Ok.. I'll simplify this.. If I use this pioneer hu I have, will the source and volume automatically be where it was when I turn my truck on and off? You know what I'll probably hide it where I can get to it.. Like under the front middle seat .. I'm cool with doing that.. Thanks forall the ideas..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.