T-line port enclosure

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
This is enclosures upright configuration was made to be mounted in two places in the truck. Most of the time it will be in the 40% side of the folded up bench seat, but it will also fit on the drive line hump

behind the console to accommodate more passengers. It features tinted etched .375" acrylic glass with blue leds to showcase the basket of the sundown Sa-8. The internal volume is .6ft^3 with a 12sqin port(37hz) 32inches long in a t-line configuration.

The argument for the taper goes both ways in any case the objective of this enclosure was to get a 32 inch port in a small compact space this was achieved by using a transmission lined configuration.

All the information I read about T-lines say you want a constant port area, not tapering and getting smaller? :O
You are correct. A tapered port is a horn which starts with a small port and tapers up to a larger opening

Who knows I cant say either way too may pros and cons for each argument. Ive edited my comment 3 times cant even find an opinion about the subject that reflect what I really know about it just what Ive read about others comments which seem to be there speculation. If the taper really made a impact it would be one of key factors to the configuration

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah from what I remember from physics about standing waves, a wave in a tube with a closed end and open end, a different open end to the closed end would change wavelength and amplitude? And T-Line theory is about using the Fs frequency, so I think if you tapered it at all it wouldn't be a T-line anymore because the frequency is not the same anymore.

That's not a t line port. It's just a port. T lines taper down every bend
there are several variations of a T-line enclosure. i built a chamber-coupled T-Line for an 8" with an Fs around 42Hz and the line is 1/4 wavelength of Fs, and line area = cone area.

partial completion (had double front and 45's in all corners at the end):

IMG_20141101_185203_851.jpg

end

IMG_20141102_242909_361.jpg

Other variations taper the line, other have different methods of combing the line output with the woofer front, etc. the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook 7th Ed. covers most configurations.

If anyone would like a PDF copy of the LDC, just shoot me a PM.

This is enclosures upright configuration was made to be mounted in two places in the truck. Most of the time it will be in the 40% side of the folded up bench seat' date=' but it will also fit on the drive line hump behind the console to accommodate more passengers. It features tinted etched .375" acrylic glass with blue leds to showcase the basket of the sundown Sa-8. The internal volume is .6ft^3 with a 12sqin port(37hz) 32inches long in a t-line configuration.[/quote']

cool box!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
CheЯRyMan
Jackson TN.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from